WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO.UNKNOWN.???

The best thing you can do is to take it back and get a refund and get something else from that store or business..... I am not promoting any other brand as I myself haven't found anything to replace my (still working) wemo's.  If you do find something please share with me.  Please note that all the other options I found were "hub linked" and I need them to be wifi which is why I have not yet found anything from a "real" company.

Cheers

Hi, Asiupang.
We were able to pull up your records in the system and it shows that our Wemo Support Team emailed you back asking for a screenshot of the error "WEMO.UNKNOWN". However, they're still waiting for your reply until now. Please check your email and get back to us so they can forward your case to our 2nd Level Support Team.

kyeung75
We've received your email. Please hang tight as our Wemo Support Team is already working on your case.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

The problem is solved by returning and getting a new one for replacement. Please contact Wemo Support first to get the case number as this is a hardware issue. Thank you, support team.

[ Edited ]

I joined this forum 11-14-17 and the only reason I joined was to find a solution to a problem with the dimmer I had purchased from Amazon in which I have proven to them through receipt and copy of the transaction that I DID purchase those dimmers original and from a legit source. 

So it is JUNE 8th, 2018 and I finally GOT a reply from "Customer Service", lets do the math..... June 14th, would've been the 7th month since my first reach out to WEMO. 

THIS WAS THEIR REPLY: "I wanted to let you know that we're not able to process a replacement for your Wemo devices since they are being used at a region where they are not for sale and intended for sale." (Enrique Lagunay II, Sustaining Engineer - Belkin International) 

REALLY? IT TOOK THEM 7 MONTHS TO FIGURE THAT OUT WITH A SUSTAINING ENGINEER!?!?!?!?! 

I have gone back to Amazon and there is NOT a single text indicating those dimmers are to be used only in the U.S. nor did it say that my region was excluded.  In legal terms that is known as FALSE ADVERSTISING.

I quote again "....A region where they were not intended for sale..." I am sure it was a territorial issue and not the dimmers!

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH WEMO!   

PLEASE SEE BELOW AND LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS?

wemocs.jpg

Can anyone help me? 

• Is there indication that this dimmer is meant for use in U.S. only?
  • Indication of exclution of certain "territories"? 

Thanks in advance!

amazonwemo.jpg

Highlighted

Loathe as I am to defend Belkin, if you are not in the US and purchased from the US Amazon store (URL ending in .com in your screenshot) rather than the one specific to your locale, that’s not really something you can reasonably expect Belkin to take ownership of. Those devices are intended for use on the electrical grid in the US. If you wired it into something that isn’t in alignment with US standards, you could have fried it unintentionally.