WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO app can't find devices anymore

I'm having the same problem with my WEMO devices when I am connected to my home wireless network.  I have gone through all of the troubleshooting provided in multiple forums with no luck for my 25 WEMO devices.  Has anyone else made the switch to TP-Link at this point?  I'd like to hear if those switches work better before I replace all of my devices.  Thanks for any feedback.

Yep, I’m migrating away from Wemo to TP-Link hardware.

Cheaper and FAR more reliable.

I’ve pretty much given up on Wemo - I have a $100 dinner sitting on my workbench because I got tired of having to flip the breaker to reset it every few days, and all day yesterday I couldn’t access any of my Wemo hardware remotely.

I’m done.

*dimmer, not dinner...

Good to hear they are more reliable.  I think I'm done at this point as well.  These were suppose to be fun and make life easier....LOL!!

I have a bunch of TP-Link switches and a variety of HS110 modules for energy monitoring. They just work, all the time, every time.
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

AutomationManager (from google play) is an android app I've built to get wemo's to work reliably.  It runs as a local server/hub and talks directly to the wemo's with recovery built in.  You run it on a low end anrdoid device (about $20-$30 from bestbuy etc).  There's a bridge to homekit as well if you use an iphone, and it hooks up to your google account so you can use a web browser as well.  It enables reliable voice using google home, alexa, and siri, and remote access.

It supports TP Link, hue, lifx, and a few others (https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/wemomanager/features) so it might be worth a few bucks to try out AM first or as well (TP Link has some issues too, esp the bulbs, and AM can help) before dumping $100's of wemos.  There's a refund procedure in the howto if you don't like AM, and email support if you have any trouble getting things going.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo