WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO app can't find devices anymore

this isnt working for me please help

I Just uninstalled the wemo app reset the wemo link and started over again i managed to pair the wemo link to my network but trying to find the led bulbs it just says scanning for devices and spins and spins non stop.

Expert

We have replied to your other post, user123. Since the WEMO Link has been set up successfully, we suggest that you manually reset the WEMO LED Lightbulbs. Let us know how it goes.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Please help me resolve this issue; before I take back to merchant.

Your directions you outlined here work just fine when you are at the actual location place of the Wemo.  But what do you do when you are on the road (vacation, etc) many hundreds of miles away and yourself or anyone else is no where near your home, etc., to reset the Wemo.  Now explain to me how do we resolve such a on-going problem?  I'am ALL ears.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I just bought a WEMO light switch. I installed it no problem. It behaves as it should though set up until it searches for devices on your wifi network. It cannot find my lightswitch. The error I get says to reconnect to the wemo wifi and try again. Once I quit the only option is to reset the unit and configure it again with the same result. I have removed reinstalled and restarted my device. I have tried it on other Iphones running a different IOS with the same result.

I have a WEMO plug on its way, will this not work on my network? should I cancel my other order?

I have the same issue.  It worked perfectly prior to the update.  Now I can't get them to connect.

Expert

@superjover

What are TS steps that you've done so far? Reset the WEMO device to factory defaults then configure it again.

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

I have this exact same issue. I've tried resetting my device literally 6 times now and have deleted and reinstalled the app 5 times. The app and plug will connect to my wifi fine but it can't seem to discover each other. It keeps spinning then says that it lost connection and I have to start over again and again. I was able to connect to it when I first got it and have used it twice until this happened. Might need to return and look at other smart home options.
Expert

Are your WeMo App and WeMo devices both running on its latest firmware? Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

• Phone Number 

We will have someone assist you from there. 

Fate – 21474
WeMo Technical Support

Similar issue for me, although my devices (switch and plug) are not detected after upgrading my phone.  The app on the new phone does not see the devices and the phone doesn't detect the WEMO Wifi (I am assuming that is because the decvices are already set up?).  I'm looking for a way for the new phone/app to operate the WEMO devices...