WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO app can't find devices anymore

My phone OS is Android 8.0.0. My wife's phone is the same, using the same OS and it works. I cleared cache, and data, and started over again. It won't let me enable remote access because it won't detect any devices. It shouldn't be this difficult, this is absurd.

Please confirm that the handheld device you're using to control your Wemo device/s is connected to the same 2.4 GHz band of your router rmruby. Also, are you on the latest Wemo app? 

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I'm having the same problem.  I deleted and reinstalled the app 5 times.  I tried resetting.  It is gone!

I'm having the same problem. So upsetting.

@bmedina

Hi there! We have replied to your post on the other thread. Please check out this link. Thanks.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Same issue here. New router, have reset all switches and connected them to the router. I can see them working fine in the router app, 2.4 ghz and strong signal, but app won't show them. Uninstalled and reinstalled app, turned on and off breaker, disabled all other 5ghz networks, etc. EVERY OTHER DEVICE I HAVE CONNECTS FINE, JUST THE WEMO SWITCHES ARE NOT WORKING. FREAKING RIDICULOUS!!! Note that my fi4m2are in my switches were updated prior to changing my router (upgraded to Netgear AX8), and the app is the latest. C'mon, Wemo - whats the deal???

Yep, my wemo dimmer has been going offline randomly for a few weeks now.  I first noticed it when it refused to respond to my Alexa anymore, saying "Living Room isn't responding".   Sure enough, it's offline in the app as well.   The ONLY way to fix it is to cycle the breaker at which point it comes back up, but it only lasts a few days, and boom, it's offline again.

The worst part is that it even refuses to respond to it's own reboot/reset switch under the switch cover - there is literally NOTHING you can do except cycle the breaker, which in my case, is a total pain as there's several other devices on the same breaker that need to be restarted and setup again after a power interruption.

Ugh, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my Wemo stuff - I've been around since the beginning, but honestly, the iOS app is a dumpster fire right now (absolutely terribly slow and often non-responsive) and now....this.

Hi flexingrat. If I may ask, is the remote access feature enabled on your Wemo device? If not, do enable it. How far is it from your router? Please try plugging it to another outlet. Update us with your progress.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Seems certain versions of the app and certain versions of the firmware on the devices just do not work together. So many possible combos. Not even the support guys can figure it all out. My 1.18 find only a few of the 10 switches I have. 1.15 finds all but one. So.. Icannot upgrade that app. I also do not dare "upgrade" the switch firmware or nothing may work.. I presume it is marketing but seems rather self destructive as well.

Hello @pismo10. It is important to have the firmware of your Wemo device/s up-to-date to ensure its proper functionality. BTW, what’s the LED status of those devices that were not detectable on the Wemo app when you tried upgrading it? Also, please verify if the app is connected to the same 2.4 GHz network, which the Wemo devices are.

Rowena_B 22017
WEMO Technical Support