WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO switch 'forgets' wifi settings

Hi

My WEMO switch has started acting up.

If I lose power, the switch will not connect to wifi again (Amber flashing light) and cannot be seen by the app.

i hold down the restore button whilst plugging in and wait until it is waiting for setup, then connect to its wifi and launch the app. All good.   I then connect it to my wifi network. No problems.  App works fine and switch is happy, until it loses power and then it again will not connect until I go through the setup process again.

Help?!

Thanks,

Grant

Re: WEMO switch 'forgets' wifi settings

Same here. As long as I unplug it or turn off the power I have to restore it.

Hi, @zollymonsta. Would a simple restart fix the issue? Or do you need to reset the device everytime? By design, the WEMO device should reconnect to the wireless once power is restored. 

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

Hi

A simple power off/on on its power outlet will result in the WEMO switch no longer connecting to the network, unless I press the restore button and set up the switch again.

This is different behaviour to previous as the switch would remember and reconnect.

I'm waiting for the solution too. If it's faulty ima return it and other two together in two days or the one week policy expires.

I don't know where my receipt is, so cannot return mine. It's probably a year old.  May have to get a competitors product if it can't be resolved.

Expert

Hi zollymonsta. Have you updated the firmware of your WEMO Switch? If not, I suggest you proceed with the upgrade. Here's how: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=27353 

Regards,
Ness - 10931
WEMO Technical Support

Hi 

I am running the latest WEMO app and the latest switch software (Wemo_WW_2.00.10062.PVT-OWRT-SNS)

What else do you suggest?

After updating the firmware successfully, you need to reset the WEMO switch manually. Refer to this link as your guide: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=123734

Please force close the WEMO App and you may use this link as your guide: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8058 .

You can also try uninstalling and re-installing the WEMO App in your Phone. Let us know the results. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jay

i did all these steps before I posted here.  The outcome is always the same.

Power the switch off at the wall and it forgets it's wifi network connection setttings, requires a complete setup again. 

It's not the app as installing it on iPad gives the same result. The issue is the switch, not the app.