WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO switch 'forgets' wifi settings

Let's get this taken care of, zollymonsta. We'll endorse your case to our second level support team for further assistance. Get in touch with us via email at WEMOCares@belkin.com. Please include your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Email Address and Location) and the link to this Community thread for reference. 

Regards,

WEMO Support

www.wemo.com

Email sent.

I found this thread when this happened to me. Power went out last night and all four of my switches (latest firmware) were flashing orange. I pulled unplugged them each and plugged them back in and waited a few minutes...lots actually. Frustrated I went to work on something else. A few hours later they were all online again! I don't know how long exactly they take to come up, but its more than I can stand to stare at them waiting.

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem - my Wemo motion sensor forgets the wifi settings everytime it's switched off. Please let me know if this problem was resolved.

jay_d wrote:

Let's get this taken care of, zollymonsta. We'll endorse your case to our second level support team for further assistance. Get in touch with us via email at WEMOCares@belkin.com. Please include your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Email Address and Location) and the link to this Community thread for reference. 

Regards,

WEMO Support

www.wemo.com

Expert

Hi, wemmoo. Let's isolate this. Has it worked before? What is the current firmware version installed on your WEMO device? 

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Kristine_14845,

Yes this only happened recently, and it had worked before. I have installed the latest firmware/app software.

The problem is, every time I switch it on, it can't connect to wifi (blinking orange light) and I have to reset it by pressing the reset button and go through the setup process again.

Expert

Did you make any changes in the settings of your router? 

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

Yes, I changed the password. Note that this was not the first time I changed my wifi password, I had done it previously and it worked fine.

Expert

[ Edited ]

We'll have this further checked by our 2nd Level Support team. Please send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following details:

• Contact details (full name, phone number, and email address)
  • Firmware version of the WEMO Motion Sensor
  • WEMO app version
  • Make and model of the router
  • Community username and the link to this thread
Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I have just found this BB and topic after unsuccessfully contacting Belkin Support (AU ph is disconnected and form on support site keeps saying unavailable).

I have two WeMo Switches (F7C027au) that I paid $70 for just over a year ago.

I have had the same issues as descibed in the rest of this thread then got bored/tired of resetting the swithes every time the power went out and ignored them for several months.

Now when I reset them they lose settings within 5-30 minutes of resetting them without losing power. I cannot connect to them logenough to do firmware updating and last time I did a firmware ugrade I had to reset them both.

Now at this point, I am well and truely sick of the sight of them and refuse to reset them any more. I am currently looking at a D-Link solution but feel as if I have wasted AU$140 and want a solution to this problem.