WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO switch 'forgets' wifi settings

[ Edited ]

im in Australia as well, have similar issue to what you are saying, mine tho couldnt conenct at all after it lost the WiFi settings, same password, same wifi etc - i had to add it to my guest network to make it work, then i use access control to prevent unauthorise use of the guest network.

heres my post:

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/WeMo-Can-t-Connect/m-p/31137#U31137

got in touch with wemo support but so far, no resolution yet

We understand where you're coming from, ducati94. We'll notify our Email Support Team about this. 

Hi, deanonet. Let's sort this out. What's the current firmware that your WEMO App and WEMO switches are running on? If you're having challenge in updating the firmware, powercycle your WEMO Switch and your Wi-fi router. You may also force close the WEMO App. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

Jay,

I have app version 1.15 running on Android 5.0 with both units running WeMo_WW_2.00.10062.PVT-OWRT-SNS.

As stated in my first message, I have power cycled and reset these units so many time I am sick of touching them. The issue wih updating is that the units will not stay online (almost immidiately after resetting the amber light starts flashing again) so phone cannot see units to do firmware update. Also force close app all the time, most of these things I have already reseached and tried to fix that many times but problem is getting worse.

@deanonet
Understood. Since you have already done basic troubleshooting, we'll have our 2nd level support team check your devices. Just email us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com so that we can escalate your case.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same issue as others and I'm getting sick of it. Any time I A) restart my router or B) restart / update my Wemo Link; I cannot reconnect it to my Wi-Fi, and have to factory reset the Link then add all the bulbs again. It's a joke.

On 11 January I received a notification that there was some new firmware. I chose to update and once again my Wemo Link was unresponsive (flashing / disconnected). No number of Wemo or router restarts will get it to reconnect, so I’m back to square one and must set everything up again; reconnecting the Link, adding and renaming all my bulbs again...

We have numerous other devices in our house that reconnect automatically after a router restart - phones, tablets, solar data logger, computers, TVs… but my Wemo Link never reconnects. It seems like incompetence to me, given the amount of people in this situation. I see responses from support like ‘try restarting your router’, but restarting my router IS WHAT CAUSES THE ISSUE!

Why can't it just remember the settings and reconnect?

Hi. Im having the same trouble. As soon as the power goes out my wemo switch forgets the wifi connection. This is so frustrating.
Also the app says there is an update available but it never works.
Please help

I feel your pain. I love my wemo but it's driving me crazy.

I can't keep having to reset it after a black out or router reset. It's a joke. Surely someone can fix this for us.

I feel your pain. I love my wemo but it's driving me crazy.
I can't keep having to reset it after a black out or router reset. It's a joke. Surely someone can fix this for us.

Hello, ahilios. Your Wemo Switch should not forget the Wi-Fi connection if the power goes out. Have you tried to check if the router's SSID is not hidden when the power turns back on? For further isolation, try to observe and test if you're also experiencing this challenge with your other wireless devices. We believe this may have something to do with the router's settings, and not the Wemo device itself.

With regard to the update, try to uninstall/re-install the app to make sure that you have the latest. Once done, you may follow the steps on this link.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried everything.
It's not fair. This issue is major and needs to be fixed asap.
I've stated to tell people to stay away from wemo as this wifi memory issue is a huge inconvenience