WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: WEMO switch 'forgets' wifi settings

Perhaps.  Same question for you though - how do you know the wemo forgot it's wifi settings vs not being able to connect?  It's not impossible of course, but I've never had that happen with any of mine.  And belkin support seldom thinks to ask about the behavior of the wifi LED.

If the LED is flashing amber/white and the wemo is broadcasting it's own SSID, the flash memory has indeed been erased - somethig is seriously wrong, return or exchange it.

If it's flashing amber then it's still configured but it can't connect to your wifi.  This thread has a few things to try, it's a question of isolating the problem and sorting it.  It probably is a firmware bug but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be fixed.

If it's not flashing then it's running fine and it *IS* connected to your wifi.  The belkin app is very buggy and often can't find the wemo.  There's a few ways to sort it, I think the best way is to use an aftermarket app (fully disclosing my vested interest).

Good point, there is no way to really know if it is forgetting the settings, or it can't connect.  I have two plugs and two switches, whenever I lose power, the only problem I have is the swithces.  They do the flashing amber and white light and will not connect when power comes back on.  I typtically just reboot them by pressing the right button and then the left for 5 seconds, then go conncet to the wemo wifi, and etc... Just always have to do the whole process every time I lose power, but it's not that way with the plugs.  Who knows...

WEMO Maker Inventor

Most of the other posts say their wifi LED is flashing amber (or don't mention it at all).  If yours are flashing amber/white after a power outage that sounds to me like a hardware flaw, the flash is toast.  Since it's both switches that sure sounds like a manufacturing problem.  I'd think belkin would want to contact you to exchange them but they tend to stay away from this particular discussion thread... you may need to contact them directly.