WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO switches

We have two WEMO switches to turn on two different lamps.  When we ask Alexa to turn either of them on, Alexa usually says "Device is not responding", then the lights turn on after that.  This is becoming very annoying.  I have called WEMO Tech Support twice and they tried two different solutions.  They both worked for the first time turning the lamps back on but then the next time we tried, they didn't work again.  How can we solve this?  I am about ready to purchase a different product.

Re: WEMO switches

Let's have a look at this, bjsa53590. Have you tried to unlink and re-link the WEMO devices to the Alexa? Make sure that the firmware is updated on both the WEMO and Alexa. Also, since when did you notice this happen? Was this working fine before?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have done everything possible. I have talked to two different people on the phone with WeMo and they had me try multiple things.  We bought a different brand plug yesterday and it works perfectly.  I also saw on reviews on the Alexa app that person after person are having this same issue.  

I've been having connection issues constantly with wemo products. They seem to have a mind of their own and randomly appear and disappear from the app. I've done absolutely everything to try and fix this, right down to buying a new router and it still persists. I recently purchased two "elf" smart switches as a test, and they always work flawlessly !! They are never "undetected" NEVER ! I have always said there is a problem with wemo products, now i have proved it. Ball is in your court wemo...

@bjsa53590
We've endorsed your case to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. A representative will be in touch with you within 24-48 business hours. Please hang tight.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Escalated. You have escalated. It is very obvious at this point that you folks can’t actually write free form here and are limited to building a response based on approved phrase buttons that you click to construct.

If you were endorsing a problem that would mean that you have decided the problem is a good thing and should be advertised to the world.