WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Android app won't re-enable disabled Insight switches

I have disabled two of the rules that control two of my Insight switches and now want to re-enable them.  When I press the icon on the rule's  Summary page, it changes from grey to green, indicating the rule has been re-enabled.  However, when I go back to the Rules summary page, the rule is still disabled.  How to I get the change to stick? How do I get the disabled rule re-enabled?

Re: WeMo Android app won't re-enable disabled Insight switches

I have the same problem which appeared after the last firmware update. Is there a way to roll back the firmware update

same problem with light switches

Hi guys! There's no option on the WEMO app to roll back the WEMO devices' previous firmware version. By the way, can you still control your WEMO devices through the app? You may try using another handheld device and check if you can enable the rules from there. Also, try force closing the WEMO app and re-launch it. Go back to the Rules tab and try re-enabling the Rules. Hope this helps.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Forcing the WeMo app to close and then re-loading it does not work: the disabled rule will not re-enable.

Expert

[ Edited ]

@Peters248

Uninstall then reinstall the Wemo app. Try another handheld for isolation. If this doesn't work, you need to reset the Wemo insight switches and configure it again. 

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

This is a BUG with version 1.17.1 (98) on the android devices.  The reson I know this is:

I have several WEMO devices running in my house and use both iOS and android to control them.

From iOS when I go to the rule I can toggle between Enabled and Disabled and have it function properly.

In Android, as others have stated, I can slide the toggle switch but as soon as I go back to the summary page, the change I made is discarded.

I have done a Forced quit - same problem

I have done an uninstall and reinstall of the app - same problem

Running on a Samsung S5

Please report this as a real bug and release a new software version or roll back to one that works.

I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the app a few times (when will you app people realize that reinstalling isn't the solution to everything?  try building stable apps instead.) I've also reconfigured the switches.  Neither worked.  I haven't tried the app with another handheld device because I don't have another handheld device.

Do you guys encounter any error message while re-enabling the rules? You can email us your answers at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can assist you thoroughly. Kindly indicate the summary of workarounds you've taken including your full name, phone number, location (country/state), community username and the link to this community post for our reference.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Same issue. Force quit and reinstalling app did not solve.  Seems like the Android app is bad.  The only work around I found was to create a new rule.

I agree with others that uninstalling and/or reconfiguring everything is a bandaid and not a solution.  The app needs to be fixed.