WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Bridge not connecting (persistent orange flashing light)

I've tried many times resetting to factory, plugging and unplugging but my WeMo bridge will not go past the orange and black blinking light (no orange and white) and it fails to add via Home app on iOS11.3 (iPhone X, iPad Pro 12").  I can actually see the Bridge via Home iOS app after scanning the code (despite the orange & black blinking light), but after spinning for a few minutes it says "Cannot add accessory" 

I can see the bridge on the network with an assigned IP address and its MAC address.  My WeMO devices are working independently but not the bridge.

Suggestions?

Re: WeMo Bridge not connecting (persistent orange flashing light)

Hi, SteveW25561.
Were you able to set it up successfully before? You might be having some intermittent connection, try to power cycle your router first.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

The Wemo bridge has never connected or configured.  Always times out on the Home app.  Has never flashed white/orange.

I've tried the following:

1. Press & hold reset button on the bridge until the white light comes on - more than 10x now

2. Plugged the bridge into different ports, directly on the Google Wifi router, to an ethernet switch

3. Power cycled the router, switches, Wemo bridge

All noted. Let's get this case over to our 2nd Level Support Team for further isolation. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, and link to this thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Hi,

Same issue here... it is like the switch is not connected to the router. In fact the light of the port in the router is not blinking... I have changed the bridge to different port but the same problem