WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Bulb will not reset

It appears that one of my 5 Wemo bulbs won't reset.  The bulb has a 3 second delay when turning on and then it is dim, not very bright.  The on/off reset procedure does not work, I've tried it multiple times with different light fixtures.  I have read several other posts with the same issue, but have not found a resolution.  I replaced the bulb with a new Wemo bulb, but would like to fix the broken bulb.

Re: WeMo Bulb will not reset

1. How on earth did you manage to source a new WeMo bulb?
2. Look up the manual for the Osram dimmable A19 bulb and use the reset procedure for that. It is the same hardware.

Thanks for the response.

I tried the rest process for the Osram dimmable A19 bulb, but it did not work (it seemed to be the same as what I found for the Wemo bulbs except for 5 power cycles rather than 3).

I had a  extra bulb that I purchased but did not open as I ended up using a light switch rather than a bulb .  I did not return it as it was past the return period and in case I decided to use it for another fixture.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Those symptoms indicate a dead bulb.  Belkin should replace it for free including shipping, they have in the past.  You should contact them directly and bug them for a replacement. Belkin promised us a lifetime of 23 years for the bulbs, I have to think you're a little short of that Smiley Wink.  I don't accept that they are no longer in production as an excuse for shoddy workmanship, they need to live up to their promises:  http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5Z0489/

Thanks, I contacted belkin, but they are not being very responsive and it does not seem that they will be standing by their warranty as the bulbs are discontinued.  

I’m really disappointed in belkin and Wemo right now to the point that I will be returning a new Wemo outlet I recently purchased and probably moving away from all belkin/Wemo products.

Hello, schmidt. Let's have your case endorsed to our Support Team for further assistance if you still have your WEMO Bulbs with you. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this thread as a reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hello Jo-Ann,

Thank you for your reply.

I have just sent an e-mail to the address you provide and hope to hear something.

John