WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

WeMo Dimmer Switch not working properly after power brown-out

We had a brown-out on Sunday, characterized by incandescent lights being kinda orange. It caused our demand water heater, microwave, furnace, and refrigerator to fail. All of our WeMo devices survived except for both WeMo dimmer switches. While they still control the lights, I cannot control them from the WeMo app (which reports them as inactive) nor Alexa (which reports them as not responding). I reset them by holding the button on the device down about 14 seconds until a red light came on. After at least a day, the red light is very slowly blinking. Devices are not broadcasting wifi.

Any suggestions?

Re: WeMo Dimmer Switch not working properly after power brown-out

I had a similar experience after a power outage recently except my generator kicked in and all of the lights controlled by my two wemo dimmers were flickering throughout the outage. The lights are still flickering now long after the power was back on and are basically useless. I have contacted wemo but have not heard back. I have tried almost everything short of removing the wemo dimmers and still they flicker. Anybody have any ideas?

@dtc_ca

Seems like your challenge needs to be further checked by our 2nd level support team, please email us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com:

-phone #

-username

-link to this thread

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you. I have initated the request.

So far they said they will have their Experts contact me. It's been 9 days.

@dtc_ca,

The Team may have not been able to reach you by phone and sent you an email instead. Please check your inbox or through your junk and spam folders.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have the exact same problem.  My dimmer switch worked great.  Then had power outage and generator kicked in.  Lights started flickering and continue to flicker even after a couple of weeks since power outage

What workarounds have you done so far, fcortina? Does this occur everytime you experience a power outage? Make sure that your WEMO Dimmer's firmware is up-to-date. Have you done a reboot on your Dimmer by pressing the LED button until it turns blue?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for your reply Jo-Ann._B  I reset by holiding LED until blue.  I updated WEMO firmware.  I uninstalled the dimmer and reinstalled on iphone app.  The lights flicker and dimmer does not seem to work at all.  The lights worked perfectly previously and ever were able to be controlled by ALexa.  

@fcortina

All noted. Let's have our Escalation Engineers further assist you on this matter. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, community username and a link to this post for reference. We'll wait for it.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support