WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Dimmer Switch not working properly after power brown-out

We had a brown-out on Sunday, characterized by incandescent lights being kinda orange. It caused our demand water heater, microwave, furnace, and refrigerator to fail. All of our WeMo devices survived except for both WeMo dimmer switches. While they still control the lights, I cannot control them from the WeMo app (which reports them as inactive) nor Alexa (which reports them as not responding). I reset them by holding the button on the device down about 14 seconds until a red light came on. After at least a day, the red light is very slowly blinking. Devices are not broadcasting wifi.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Re: WeMo Dimmer Switch not working properly after power brown-out

I had a similar experience after a power outage recently except my generator kicked in and all of the lights controlled by my two wemo dimmers were flickering throughout the outage. The lights are still flickering now long after the power was back on and are basically useless. I have contacted wemo but have not heard back. I have tried almost everything short of removing the wemo dimmers and still they flicker. Anybody have any ideas?

@dtc_ca

Seems like your challenge needs to be further checked by our 2nd level support team, please email us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com:

-phone #

-username

-link to this thread

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you. I have initated the request.