WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Light Switch Blinking Amber but it is connected

I have this same issue. Blinking amber lights on 7 out of my 8 belkin wemo light switches. They still can be controlled through the app while I am on my home WiFi network. They show unavailable to control remotely. The 8th light switch has never had an issue and works flawlessly and WiFi signal near this switch is the weakest. It also shows same firmware as the other devices. I have tried resetting them numerous times, which stops the blinking for an hour or a day or two. Then all 7 eventually start blinking. I tried resetting these seven at least 10 times. I also reset through the app, and by holding reset button. I also added them to WiFi on android, with cellular data on, and with cellular data off, then an iPhone same methods. Changed WiFi settings too, although shouldn't need to since the 8th device works flawlessly.

@Bgavinlights
Send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com and we'll have our technicians check it out. Include the link to this thread for our reference.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Found this thread while researching why my WeMo light switch and lamp switch are now blinking amber. Same issue as pointed out by others in this thread..

I had a firmware update come through about two weeks ago (maybe that didi it). I can control the switches with the WeMo app so it is connected to the network. Also, they are on a schedule (sunset to sunrise, set time, etc.) and that seems to work fine. I have done a power restart, no help there. Checked network signal strenght at the switch faceplate and it is adequate.

Suggestions (other than those already here (been tried)?

Expert

@Roberden

You mentioned that you've performed a power restart, is this including your Wemo devices and router? If it's just the Wemo device, please try including the router. Get back to us with the results.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

Resetting the router did stop the blinking yellow light. Not sure why this worked but it did. All my WiFi devices in the home worked fine, including the WeMo, prior to resetting the router. I could control the devices with the WeMo app and they all ran on schedule, just that the yellow LED kept blinking. Now it is all back to normal.

Just curious as to why? Were the WeMo working in my network but not being able to access the external web? All my other devices did have web access.

[ Edited ]

@Roberden

That is an odd situation as a blinking yellow light indicates that the switch is not connected to the network. It is possible that there's a part of the new firmware that was not properly installed but if the same thing happens, we'll have our 2nd Level Support team look into this. Just shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com with your contact details and the link to this post for our reference.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

Same problem here... these switches are junk. Half of mine don't even show connected in the app.... ridiculous.
Expert

@rwillden

Make sure that:

• The Wemo App installed on your handheld device is up-to-date
  • The Firmware on your Wemo devices are up-to-date
  • Once you've updated them, please perform a reset and set them back up.

Questions:

• What's the LED activity most of the time on your Wemo devices?
  • When your wireless devices connect to your home network, is it stable?

Get back to us with the results and observations. We want to get a better grasp on how your network functions.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

I did a power reset for that area of the house using my breaker box. That corrected the problem.