WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

WeMo Light Switch Will Not Reset

My switch was working fine.

Then I noticed it blinking amber.  The WeMo app was unable to see the switch - it seems it lost the Wifi connection.

I wanted to reset the switch so I tried to follow the instructions.

First I hit the restart switch (the one on the right under the light switch).

The lights went out.  When I push restart I see a green flash in the power area of the Wemo light switch momentarily, but nothing else.

When I hold reset (on the left) nothing happens.  When I push the switch itself, the light in the room no longer triggers off and on.

When I hold restart I will see the green "power on light" in the switch for as long as I hold restart, but none of the blinking lights show up, and nothing happens when I release it and press reset.

Any help please?  Thanks for any ideas.

Re: WeMo Light Switch Will Not Reset

[ Edited ]

Flashing amber usually means there's no connection between the WEMO and the Wifi network. Try adjusting the Wifi's 2.4 GHz channel. Use 6, 11, or 1, then reconfigure the Light Switch and observe the light. If no light appears on the Light Switch, I suggest you contact Support. Maybe you need to get it replaced.

Yes thanks.  I understand that.

But once I had the flashing amber I tried to reset the switch and thats where things have gone wrong.  The switch didnt reset properly and is now totall unresponsive - no reset works, no blinking lights of any type come on and when pressed, it no longer switches my ceiling light on and off.

The only thing I can see anymore is, when I press and HOLD the restart (right side) button, I see a dim green light inside the power circle on the switch.  But as soon as I Let the restart go, this disappears as well.

Community Manager

I would suggest flipping the breaker for 10 seconds if you can and turn it back on.  It's possible it was doing something and crashed.  I did that once to a wemo somehow and power cycled it to fix it.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

That worked!

Thank you!

It is now controlling the lights again and its responding to things like reset procedure.

But I am still having a problem and I hope you can help...I now press Restart and then hold Reset for 5 seconds.

I then get a flashing green (it eventually becomes a flashing ember) - but the Wemo Switch is not showing up in my Wifi on my phone, which is the procedure I think I need to go through (like when I did initial setup) to add it onto my Wemo app right?

The icon for this switch from when it was working before these reset problems is showing as greyed out nd not detected, so I think I need to re-add it to my Wemo App...but I am not getting the Wemo SSID to show up in Wifi for this procdure...

Nevermind.  I needed to download the latest firmware and now it works.

Thanks again!

Had a simular problem http://wp.me/p6ENzc-U

I also tried the breaker switch ON OFF with no luck.

[ Edited ]

jbreidenbach wrote:

Had a simular problem http://wp.me/p6ENzc-U

I also tried the breaker switch ON OFF with no luck.

Hi. If the regular method of reset does not work, I suggest that you try to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds this time.

Hope this helps.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

mY WEMO was working great for months. I just moved and connect it in the new house. There is no light coming out of the unit. No WIFI Signal, No flashing lights whatsoever. The switch does not work and the lamp is on all the time, meaning that there is current flowing to the lamp. I have done reset in multiple ways including breakers, disconnecting the unit from power, reconecting, etc.

What is going on? is it dead?

Same thing is happening to me Bob. Just moved and my switch seems dead...

Worked fine till I moved to a new house.