WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Light Switch Won't Manually Turn Off or with App Switch

Hi,

I was able to get an electrician to install my WeMo light switch. We have 3 wires. Two seem to be a live wire. The third is a neutral wire. He connected the wires. At first, it was blinking. We were able to figure out which wires to connect. We turned off the breaker. After, we turn on the breaker and the lights turn immediately on. However, the lights cannot turn off whether it be a manual switch or via the app. I reset the wemo light from the phone several times and did a firmware update. It was the still the same. Then The electrician was able to see the connections up on the ceiling where the light is. He connected the neutral wire up to the lights. Yet, it was still the same. We are stumped. Anything we are missing? Thanks!

Re: WeMo Light Switch Won't Manually Turn Off or with App Switch

Hi @jvincentsong

We appreciate you for reaching out to us. To properly install your Wemo Light Switch, please click here

Keep us in the loop and give us feedback. Thank you.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Hi Mark C

The Wemo light switch still won''t turn off with the manual switch or the app. I've tried resetting several times. the only way to turn it off is via the breaker. What can I do? 

@jvincentsong This could be a hardware issue. Let's get this over to our Escalation Engineers so they can run a test on the unit. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, serial number, your Community Username and the link to this post for reference. You may also include a copy of the receipt for validation purposes. We'll wait for it. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi. I got this same issue. In my case, the problem was not my wemo switch (I returned one to the store and got and a new one and the problem persisted) The problem was my house wiring. I needed to call a professional electrician to got a neutral wire from some other point of my current installation.

Highlighted

I’m having the same issue!! >_<

I bought a condo that had an Insteon Smart Wall Switch. This worked fine manually, but I’d need to buy an Insteon Hub to connect it to Amazon Alexa (booo).

I picked up a WeMo todat and wired it correctly (this is like my tenth WeMo!), and it fails to turn off.

I‘m returning the WeMo’s and buying a dang Insteon Hub. Cheaper anyway, and this project is not worth hiring an electrician.

Shade to WeMo for not having any troubleshooting on this issue.