WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Light Switch not updating firmware

Hi Chiquita - please retread my post. I need you to help me troubleshoot the unit that will not take the firmware upload. How can you assist?
Expert

@Cnfrey

My apologies if I misunderstood your post. What is the current firmware version of your WEMO light switch? The latest that we have is 10062. Try the steps from this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8297. Let us know how it goes.

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

Was there a response to this issue? I am having the same issue

When trying to connect my switches to HomeKit through the Wemo App, I press the “Get started” button and it tells me that I need to update the firmware; when I press the button “Update” it searches for it but comes up with a message “Nope, nothing new today”. So I can’t update them

Current firmware:
WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

[ Edited ]

Hi CarlosRTK, do you also have the Wemo Light switch? Try to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app or use another handheld device to update the Wemo device. You may also refer to this article to resolve firmware update issues.

Kyla_S 22383
WEMO Technical Support

No, I have only Wemo mini Smart plug.

[ Edited ]

@CarlosRTK

If the same thing happens after exhausting the mentioned troubleshooting steps or by using another handheld device(s), let's have our Escalation Engineers lend you a hand forward on the setback. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details;

• Full name
  • Location - City or State.
  • Wemo App version
  • The current operating system of the handheld device(s)
  • Community Username
  • The link to this post for easy reference

You may also include on the email a screen capture of the Wemo App showing the error message so the team can take a closer look at it.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

It worked using a different iPhone.