WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Light Switch not updating firmware

I have had my WeMo switch for a couple of months and noticed that there have been firmware releases that update my WeMo Light Switch device. I have not seen a single message that allows me to perform this update from the app. I am using an Android device and have performed a reset of the device when there was a Wifi connection issue. There still has not been a message indicating I can update the firmware. I am currently on WeMo_WW_2.00.9896.PVT-OWRT-LS

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Re: WeMo Light Switch not updating firmware

2.00.10062 is the latest version.

Actually you can go to :

Sorry, messed up.

2.00.10062 is the latest version. When you go to Settings, you will see a firmware upgrade notificaction. Try to pull the screen in Setting and see if something comes up.

And when you are updating, especially when you have many lightswitch, make sure the phone is always active (not locked).

Hi, i have also 15 WeMo Switches but unfortunately, only one of them, it's stuck on 2176 firmware version. Any help?
Expert

Hi aarondesj & gprekas. You may check out this link:http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8297

I performed the steps set out in the instructions, including removing the app and reinstalling, but it did not work. There is no indication of a new firmware available.

What else can I do in order to update the firmware?

Thanks,

Aaron

[ Edited ]

Got that, aarondesj. Have you tried to restart the Light Switch after performing the steps on the link we provided? If you haven't, please do so. You may follow the instructions on this link. Let us know if it makes any difference.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I performed the Restart, and I was still unable to get a prompt for a firmware update.

I thought maybe if I performed a Reset that it might help correct any issues, but unfortunately it has made things worse. I have been stuck on the "Discovering Nearby Networks... still working/please wait" loop for 6 minutes and it has not moved past this step.

I have version 1.13.5 of the app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I have tried running the config from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, but I get the same problem. Any suggestions as to how to get the device to configure properly again?

Thank you,

Aaron

Same here guys btw thank you for helping us Smiley Happy