WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Link stuck in firmware updating...

After applying the latest firmware update the link did not finish applying the FW update. I let it continue over night and finally power cycled. Now when it comes up it still thinks it's updating. Any suggestions? iOS app version: Tried 1.13.5 and 1.14 Link FW: WeMo_WW_2.00.9896-PVT-OWRT-Link Thanks, Scott Hansen Seattle, WA

Re: WeMo Link stuck in firmware updating...

Hi, mojosea. Thank you for reaching out. Let's work on this together. What's the status light of the WEMO Link right now? Have you tried to force close the app and reboot your phone? If you haven't, please do so. We also suggest that you move the link closer to the router to avoid any interference when performing the firmware update. Update us with the results.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Dennis,

I was able to resolve my firmware update issue.  I worked through all the standard trouble-shooting steps (re-install app, reboot phone, use second phone with latest iOS, restart the link many times, etc.).  The step that actually allowed the link to complete the firware update and return to a healthy state was restarting my wireless router (even though it was running error free without any other know issues) and then power-cyling the link right after that.

So, I'm back in business.

Thanks,

-Mojo

Highlighted

Having had the same situation, I did a reset on my WeMo Insight plug and it was fine after setting it up again.