WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

WeMo Maker IFTTT Channel is Live

Not sure if anyone noticed (IFTTT hasn't sent any updates), but as of yesterday there is a dedicated WeMo Maker channel on IFTTT.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: WeMo Maker IFTTT Channel is Live

WEMO Maker Inventor

I saw it thanks!

It will not Activate though.   I get Red bar that says to Activate through App.  Which I did.  I started with a plug and a light switch, added to IFTTT no problem.  Later added two more light switches, all came up in IFTTT no problem.

The Maker will not activate.

Ideas?

thanks

jim

What do you mean, it will not activate? Were you able to successfully connect your WEMO Maker to the network? If you do, then you can use this link to activate it with IFTTT: https://ifttt.com/wemo_maker 

WEMO Maker Inventor

That's correct.   My other WeMo things are all activated on IFTTT, when I go to Maker channel, hit Activate, the Hit Yes, I get a red box saying to Try Activating via Wemo App.  

I even generated a new key, reactivated my Switch and Insight wall switch.  Those all work, but the maker will not activate.

jim

Try to close the WEMO app completely, then relaunch. Once up, disable and reenable Remote Access before trying to connect your WEMO Maker to IFTTT again. Check out this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=70952 

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Thanks for the advice.  I tried what you mentioned.   All devices activated except the Maker.  Still no dice.

Also, the link goes nowhere.

jim

WEMO Maker Inventor

Ok update here...

I did the following:

Android App, generate PIN

Manage my Wemo Channels

Logged in IFTTT via whatever link is used...looks like web..not android app

Maker activated

Before I was getting PIN

Using the Web via a laptop to Activate the channel (which works for the other switches)

Ths would not let me setup the Maker

jim

I am having the exact same problem!! i am on a Iphone base though

Same problem with activating Maker on IFTTT. Red bar note at bottom of screen tells me to activate through WEMO app. Maker works if activated with WEMO but not through IFTTT. I've got an Android smartphone.