WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: WeMo Maker IFTTT Channel is Live

So I got it activated.

on IFTTT.com I can test recipes using Maker, but if the sensor is triggered, I cannot get IFTTT to recognize it happened.  

I have tried removing, and reactivating...nothing.

I did get it work once or twice..but there was such a lag in the moment the trigger hapened and IFTTT executed, there was not reason to even try.

ideas?

thanks

jim

WEMO Maker Inventor

Hello everyone!

I'm having the same problems with IFTTT. Has anyone figured this out?
Eric

Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmadej
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Well 

It started working.   I setup recipe to log Trigger on and off date/times to Google Sheet.

I am finding many triggers not being captured.

I am tracking when my oil burner turns on and off.   I have cases where it turned off twice.  or on twice  chonologically.

So that means it missed a change of state.

I also see trggers being captured and recorded not in chronological order.  ie Dec 27 10:00 OFF  recorded bore Dec 27 9:55 ON recorded.

So , this is not going to do what I am wanting.  It also makes me concerned to use it for anything critical..like Water sensing.  Never know if it will fire off the IFTTT recipe or not..

jim

@jbatchelor51 wrote:

So I got it activated.

on IFTTT.com I can test recipes using Maker, but if the sensor is triggered, I cannot get IFTTT to recognize it happened.  

I have tried removing, and reactivating...nothing.

I did get it work once or twice..but there was such a lag in the moment the trigger hapened and IFTTT executed, there was not reason to even try.

ideas?

thanks

jim

Some guidelines that Robert S. provided about WEMO and IFTTT that I think are helpful:

IFTTT acts like a remote smart device with WeMo.  When you link your WeMo's with IFTTT it links your account to your remote access account on the WeMo Cloud Server.

IFTTT is a tricky subject to troubleshoot.  Somethings you can check are:

1) Is remote access working?

2) Can you create a seperate recipe and have it run?

3) Since IFTTT does 2 way communication with WeMo, make a recipe that causes IFTTT to turn on the Insight, and a 2nd recipe that makes IFTTT notify you if it is turned off.

From this thread: http://community.wemothat.com/t5/Discuss-WEMO/IFTTT-recipe-validation-fails/m-p/2046

I am having issues with the connection between IFTTT and Wemo Maker, and ONLY those two combined.

I have managed to get IFTTT to recognize that I have a Wemo Maker, and I have managed to "Activate" that channel within IFTTT, but when I go to create a "recipe," the select box listing my Wemo Maker devices is empty.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

[ Edited ]

Hi theryanford. I guess you share the same sentiments with @jbatchelor51. Saffronfs7 shared the steps provided by Robert_S. Reading the thread may help. 

I got my Maker hooked up to a garage door today and that is working fine.  Maker channel activates in IFTTT but I get this when I attempt interact with it.

Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 12.25.08 PM.png

I should have just been more patient.  It is working now.

I use the wemo app on my iphone, and add the Wemo maker.

It gets to the screen on the phone where it says "WEMO MAKER ACTIVATED" then it has a BLUE "DONE" button for you to Push / Touch, however no matter how many times you try and press the DONE button it does nothing / doesn't work.

So then the only option up the top left to press on is the "CANCEL" button.

When you click cancel it says that it's still paired / connected, however when you create a rule to work with the wemo maker it doesn't work and then has an error.

It seems there's issues with the pairing between WEMO maker and the iphone app with IFTTT sadly.

The crazy part is that it generates a pin in the wemo app, and if I click on wemo switch instead of wemo maker, it asks for that pin.  But when I click on wemo maker (which is the device I have) it doesn't ask for the pin.  How crazy is that really?

I hope someone can get this issue sorted thanks.

Regards

Steve

Having exactly the same issue with the TTL sensor... Sometimes it recognises a trigger 4-5 min after the event, sometimes it doesn't see it at all.
Updating firmware if it don't work it's going back unless any one knows other ways of getting the device to communicate other than IFTT