WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Mini Not Detected

@MikeP

Mike, thanks for clarifying what I’d suspected would happen if I reinstalled the app, which was that I’d have to re-add all my devices and I can’t do that without tapping into each device’s WiFi.

I also didn’t think the mechanical status of what the Wemo switch controls (e.g. a burnt out bulb) would affect its behavior in the app, but I appreciate your confirming it.

Yeah, I’m hesitant to power cycle my router because it’s new and i hadn’t tested that option remotely before leaving. My modem event log shows no signal disruption prior to the one Wemo going offline, though, so it was likely a device-specific event.

Human intervention, here we come.

Thank you all for your input. This level of support is encouraging, because I love my 3 Wemos and look forward to setting up more devices.

This is so frustrating.

i ran into the same issues. I have an android phone and iPad. The android phone can see all four Wemo mini devices and yet iPad sees only three. The fourth one shows not detected on my iPad. Sighs.

lchelmIf we may ask, what's your 4th Wemo mini's hardware version? Are you using the latest version of the Wemo app on your iPad?

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I've had tons of these same issues.  I think a lot of the problems have to do with the presence of a 5G network.  My Wemo mini smart plug seemed to be connecting to this network even though it seems to be incompatible with setup.  After I temporarily disabled the 5G network (leaving only the 2.4G) things worked out. A lot of these smart devices from many different manufacturers are incompatible with 5G.  Even after successful set up of the device, it still did not show in my iPhone app.  Deleting the app and reinstalling resolved the app issue.

I've run into a similar problem

A few months ago I bought a WeMo Mini v2. I got it connected to the WeMo app and then to Home Kit no problem.

Just yesterday I got a WeMo Mini v3. It connected to the WeMo app no problem and I can control the switch without any problems. However, it refuses to connect to Home Kit. I've scanned the code numerous times and it just refuses to find the device. Is it possible the code is wrong? What do I need to do to make this work?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi, brydeemer. Please try connecting the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to HomeKit through the Wemo app; like how you would with the 1st and 2nd Gen Wemo Mini. See the instructions here. For isolation, power cycle the smart plug and try using another iOS device. Also, make sure that it has the firmware version 2.00.11143 or later, you have the latest Wemo app, and Remote Access and Home Data is enabled.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support