Re: WeMo Mini Not Detected

What router mode are you using?

I have solid connections with my Asus routers and 2.4 set at --->

Freq band.: 2.4 GHz

Channel width: 20Mhz

Network Mode: N Only

Broadcast SSID: Yes

I have a tp-link archer9, and all the wemo devices are connected to the 2.4GHz b/g/n and SSID broadcast off. Except this mini switch, three other wemo devices are working fine on the same router settings.

Could you elaborate as to why you might think it's related to the router mode?

Here is a list of wemo devices:

1. Original switch
  2. Smart switch
  3. Mini switch
  4. Mini switch (not working)

3 and 4 were purchased together.

WEMO Maker Inventor

It seems there may be production differences between wemo minis, some of them having more trouble than others to stay connected.  More conservative router settings help work around belkin's issues.  Sometimes moving them to a different location can help.

I am having the exact same issues as everyone else.  Works fine for about an hour then I have to factory reset everytime just to get it to show back up in my wemo app.

I had a Frontier FIOS router at one site that exhibited the dropping off when ISP router was set to a 20/40 Channel width mode. I run 20 Mhz at multiple locations and have devices that don't drop offline. I can't remember the last time I've had to reset a Wemo.

I have exactly same problem.

switching my router to the 20mhz has fixed all of my problems..

Thanks Bilim35CI7

Had a bit of spare time over the holiday break to play around and experiment with my WiFi router and WiFi extender unit. My router was set on auto for both channel and width. I changed my 2.4 GHz band to use channel 11 and width 20/40MHz. After this configuration, did a refresh on wemo app, and all 4 units were detected and could be controlled remotely.

In my situation, I also had a WiFi extender, which I originally created separate SSID from the actual WiFi router. I changed this to use the same SSID as the wifi router and moved it to an optimal location. So all units could reach the WiFi. I used the app WfFi Network Analyzer Pro and SpeedTest to measure the signal strength and speed. So all is good now. I wanted to experiment more with the different settings, but got rear ended in traffic :-(. So the experiment has to go on the back burner.

I suppose folks just need to take the 2.4GHz band out of the auto and select either the 20 or 40MHz width, will work.

Thanks Bilim35CI7 for suggesting.

Does wemo even know about this and put this bit of info in the release notes, so others don't go nut trying to figure this out. I'd imagine this also causes many others to unnecessary return the product.

Good to hear some are getting some resolution.

Hi, chubert. Allow us to check on this. What workarounds have you done so far? Were you able to follow the steps provided by Bilim35CI7? Let us know if the issue has not been rectified so we can have our Support Team look into your case further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support