WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo Switch Smart Plug Firmware Update Failure

Hello,  I have two WeMo Switch Smart Plugs.  I have had several sucessfull Firware updates in the past.  This time however, one of them did not complete the update and never returned to working status.  I was out of town at the time and once I got home I tried the following.

Reset the switch by holding the "restore" button while plugging the switch back in.

Deleted the WeMo app from my phone and re-installed Wemo app.   (multiple times)

Sometimes when the app is re-installed it appears to see the switch and seems to resume the firmware upgrade but never completes.

(NOTE: I do not seem to be able to delete the switch from the app)

On the occasion when the switch did not re-appear in the app, I attemtpted to add a switch.  When doing so, after selecting the switch in the WiFi settings on the phone, when asked for my wireless name and password, it takes two or three attempts with a known good name and password to finally connect to my WiFi Network.  When it does finally connect to my WiFi network, the app reports that it is "Discovering your WeMo devices" but after a few minutes reports "We've lost connection with the WeMo device. Please quite this app, reconnect to the WeMo network, and reopen this app.  I do so and once again the switch is present but stuck in the firmware update that never completes.

The switch in question is blinking alternating blue/orange

I am clearly doing something wrong or is it possible there is a hardware issue with the switch??

PLEASE NOTE:  My second Wemo Switch Smart Plug continues to work and just did a firmware update after resinstalling hte app the first time . . . .)

THANKS

Expert

Re: WeMo Switch Smart Plug Firmware Update Failure

Hi, JK43232.

That's odd. Let's have you taken care of by our Escalation Engineers to help you further in this matter.

Please shoot us a message through Wemocares@belkin.com along with the following information:

Full Name

Phone Number

Location (City/State)

Link to this post

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

I’m having the same issue too.

I’m having the same issue too!

Wemo plug V.1 firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11054.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2

@Lewis83 wrote:
I’m having the same issue too!

Please try to reboot your router and modem to check if the issue still persists. Also, reset the Wemo device and use a different handheld device upon setting up. If that won't work, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, Link to this Community thread for reference so we can endorse this case to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Already make all this thing but anything seem’s to want running anymore...
Expert

Lewis83,

Please shoot us an email through Wemocares@belkin.com so our Escalation Engineers can further investigate on this matter. 

Please provide the following on your email:

Full Name

Phone Number

Location(City/State)

Link to this Post

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

I'm having the exact same issue. Extremely annoying. Fix asap