WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Switch still sends power to device even when turned off

I'm having exactly the same issue. The WeMo turns on and off but the attached device remains on.
Expert

@dapaca

What device is plugged in on your Wemo switch? Try plugging another device for isolation. If it won't still work, reset then reconfigure your Wemo switch.

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support  

It turned out that both my WeMo switches had developed a hardware fault and have since been replaced by Belkin for new ones. Note that it took around 3 months to get the replacement switches due to a shortage of stock at Belkin!

Just having the same problem only had the switch a week. First wemo product i got. Not going to touch wemo again
Expert

[ Edited ]

@Stoney

We'll get our WEMO experts to assist you with the challenge that you have in using our device. Send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com together with the link to this post. 

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

So once again I am here witht he same issue!!!! with a wemo switch when turned off still provides power!!!!

This is 1. unsafe

2. pointless as the only way to stop is turn use the wall switch defating the purpose of this device!.

3. not fit for purpose and I would think againast health and safety regulations

The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989

Suitable means for cutting off the supply

186 - The suitable means for cutting off the supply (regulation 12(1)(a)) should:

(a)be capable of cutting off the supply under all likely conditions having regard to
the equipment, its normal operation conditions, any abnormal operating or
fault conditions, and the characteristics of the source(s) of electrical energy.

This is not the first time this has happened to me, as you can see by the message I put forward before, and not the first time to other people.

Now I urge you too look in to this as this could cause harm if not kill, a risk assesment needs to be performed as the increase of this happeneing is getting bigger the risk is changing and not for the good.

To CLARIFY:

Plug in wall, wall switch on, power is going through the wemo switch regardless if the actual wemo switch is on or off, pressing the app or the buttonm on the wemo switch shows the wemo switch as off but power is still going though. reseting the the wemo switch does not chanmge a thing and deleting and reinstalling the app changes nothing, this is a hardware issue that you have ignored as this has been shown to be going on since 2015!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Devilbeard666. Are you referring to the Wemo Insight Switch? If yes, you must unplug it from the socket to turn it off. Turning it off using the Wemo App will leave it on standby mode only. Check out this article.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

What BS.  I can't believe your writers can be so wrong, let alone the support team.  This is really inexcusable - even while being warned that you're violating safety regulations!  How can you expect to support a product if you've never held one in your own hands?  Alert your legal team, this answer ignoring a clear safety risk and the failure mode nature of the insight primes you for a negligence suit!

Hi Mike,

I have had no contact from wemo on this very disturbing issue, how do you think i should handle this?

Surely I should contact someone whom can investigate this and take it further if needed. I alone cannot do this??

very confused and dissapointed as it shows on the web this is STILL the best smart plug out here, which is really worrying!!!!

Cheers

DB666

tried to call using the website guidance and it put me through to wemo not belkin, when i statred speaking they refused to continue the conversation as they do not suppport the product I haver to spreak to belkin. they gave me a number and low and behold was incorrect!!!!!!! so they give wrong info they sell dodgy plugs they refuse to support there products......what the hell has happened to belkin/wemo????!!!

all my plugs will now not turn off!!!!, so as i know I am getting no help i took one apart nothing special has happened so put it back togheter

and would ytou believe it WORKED again,...........for about 4-5 days then went back to not shutting of the power

Do you think I should get a solicitor to look over this?????? This whole situation is very very very poor and irresponsible imo

what do you think?

cheers

DB666