WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Switch still sends power to device even when turned off

0844 477 7787 this number no longer working, the number that you call is +44 (0) 1933 770 254

you get through to them and you are told they are not qualified to to support this product!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!

I have had enough of this!!!

WEMO Maker Inventor

@wrote:

you get through to them and you are told they are not qualified to to support this product!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!

No apology from Seems like the above is the first correct answer support has given you!  Smiley Happy  

It sounds to me like the relays are burnt and sticking and that the switches should be replaced by belkin.  I don't know what the best course is legally, but if you haven't tried already an email to WemoCares@belkin.com *might* get some response.

Relays can burn when you use them with a motor (or other inductive type) load.  If not they're clearly defective but even if so Belkin has never warned about this so I'd stil hold them responsible.

I hope you can get it sorted.

[ Edited ]

@Devilbeard666 My apologies if you felt like the safety issue you raised was being ignored. That definitely is not what I intended to happen. We have taken note of your feedback and relayed it to our Engineering team.

Regarding the Wemo plugs which no longer turn off, please reach out to our team at WemoCares@belkin.com so that we can get the units checked. Email us your complete name, username, contact details, location, and the link to this Community post. Or you can just email the reference number of your conversation with Support Team so we can get your personal details from there and have the call investigated as well.

@

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I'm having the same problem with 1 of 3. 1 is the oldest and still going strong. Then 2 together, 1 of which has died. You can hear that the clunk is quieter when it switches "off"

From my experience, the relay sticks in the on state. You hear the click and you appliance is still on. 

I used to be a tv engineer, so I have decided to take matters into my own hands and opened up some of my faulty units.

i have experienced 3 types of failure:-

1> The relay has stuck in the on state. 

2> The device doesn’t want to be found or misbehaving.

3> The device is dead.

The first problem will require a relay, not yet found a source that is the same size or coil voltage. If the device is dropped onto a concrete floor the relay resets, a easy way to test for the relay, but will not cure it.

The second problem is defective solder on the 2 large ic's on the control board. 

The third problem was was a burned up inductor and was easy to source a replacement as the colour codes were still readable. 

Another of my WeMos has failed in exactly the same way. Power passing through regardless of whether it is on or off. The previous one was replaced. I have four Wemo switches and am almost at the point of scrapping them all and buying something that actually works reliably.
Can you help?
Expert

Hi, dapaca.

Have you tried to power cycle the Wemo Switch? Were you able to control the device through the Wemo app? Also, make sure to update the firmware of the Wemo Switch so it can fix the bugs and improve its performance.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Hi,

I've been through all the standard troubleshooting and am up to date on the WeMo firmware and iOS app.

Power remains passing through the Wemo both turiing it on and off with the button or using the app. It clicks on and off, but my attached item remains on.

As I said, I had this same problem with another WeMo, and after lengthy communication with you it was replaced.

I am in the UK.

try dropping it this frees  up the faulty relay inside, from about waist hieght should be good , although you do this at your own risk i will not take responsability if this breaks why you do this!

Expert

@dapaca

Please shoot us an email through Wemocares@belkin.com along with the previous case number with our Phone Representative so we can pull up your records, full name, email address, phone number, location (city/state) and a link to this post in the email.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support