WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo dimmer and Sylvania lights not dimming

I have Sylvania rt-6 led recessed lighting and a WeMo dimmed switch. I cannot get the lights to dim, only to turn on and off. Are they not compatible? Thanks!

Re: WeMo dimmer and Sylvania lights not dimming

I have exact same behavior using Utilitech recessed LED lights from Lowe's. I have several other Wemo Dimmers all working with various LEDs but these are no go. On or Off, when I try to adjust dimming I get a slight flicker but intensity is still about full. faulty Dimmer module? I had these same lights working before with a standard dimmer so I know the lights are good.

Thanks for your reply. I spoke with tech support last night and they want me to switch out the dimmer with another weMo dimmer to see if we can isolate the problem. What I want to know, but they couldn't answer, is could it be possible that the switch work to turn lights on and off and not be able to dim because of a compatibility issue or if they turn on and off then they should dim too. I dont want to waste my time switchig out switches if it is most likely just a problem with the lights. 

I also have the Utilitech recessed lights from Lowes and same behavior. On or Off no dimming. Swapped out the Wee dimmer module with a brand new one. No luck same behavior. Definitely a compatibility issue ass all my other Wemo Dimmers are working as expected.

Can somebody from Belkin please help.?!?

[ Edited ]

@Kpmcmullin,

Sylvania lights should be compatible with the WEMO Dimmer. You may refer to this link for the list of compatible bulbs supported for the Dimmer. Also, make sure that the firmware is up-to-date and you're using the latest WEMO App. Let us know if you're still having issues with the bulbs so we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. I called tech support and they said that it could be a compatibility issue. I took that switch out and tried it on some incandescent bulbs and it worked just fine. I also tried it in another switch, this time only controlling 2 LED fixtures rather than 4 and it didn't work. I purchased a Leviton Decora switch and it works just fine controlling the four bulbs the WeMo did not so I believe it is a compatibility issue. When I spoke with a technician on the phone, they did check the firware on my switch and they said it was up to date as well. 

Let's have this further checked out by our Escalation Engineers, grant240 and Kpmcmullin. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (phone number and location), community username, and the link to this post as reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I too am having the same issue.  I purchased three wemo dimmer switches from BestBuy. The three switches, which were installed by an electrician, replaced existing Lutron dimmer switches which did dim the lights.  However, the wemo smart dimmer switches only turn my lights on and off.  My set up is as follows: 

Bedroom: 2 lights, 9 watts per light 
Kitchen: 3 lights, 9 watts per light 
Living Room: 4 lights, 10 watts per light

The Make/Model of my current lights are as follows: 
Bedroom: Sylvania - RT4
Kitchen: Sylvania - RT4
Living Room: Sylvania - RT6

I called the tech support line and, over the course of three days, was escalated to "level three support" which I was told was "staging and engineering."  It has been over 48 hours and I still have not received a call back.  Fuerthermore, I reached out to WemoCares@belkin.com per the response I found within this thread from the moderator, After three attempts, I still have not received a response.  

You advertise that the dimmer switches work with LED lights under 150W on a single pole switch.  I meet all these requirements yet the product does not work as advertised.  To add to the frustration, your support services have been lackluster and unresponsive.  

Can someone please contact me so this issue can be resolved?

Hi Jo-Ann, feel free to weigh in on my comment below.  Thanks. 

A WARNING TO CUSTOMERS READING THIS, RETURN YOUR WEMO SMART DIMMER NOW AS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT WEMO IS TERRIBLE.  

Following up on this issue.  I received a response from WEMOCares@belkin.com on 1/20/18 and they were useless.  See below for their response: 

"Hi, Dylan,

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the late response as we're quite challenged with the volume of emails we recently have. Nevertheless, we're always here to be of help. We have checked from the system that you have been in touch with our Phone Support and that your case is now under our Engineering Team. Please continue to stay in touch with them, and feel free to circle back for any more concerns.

Have a great week ahead."

Today, 1/22/18, I received a phone call the "engineering" team.  After being asked the same line of questioning for the third time by a third and different person I still have no resolution.  The only answer I was given was that "someone else would be calling me" but I was not even given an idea as to when that would be.  

This is extremely frustrating and honestly just **bleep** customer service.  It has been over a week, I have been bounced around to three different departments and no one seems to be able to give an answer as far as how this issue is being resolved.  The only compensation I was offered was that wemo would refund me the price of the dimmer switches.  I feel as if I was lied to for paying $80 a switch for a product you claim works but in actuality, does not.  The compensation I want is for your product to work as you advertise it does, and if ultimately the lights are deemed to not be compatable, then compensate me for LED dimmable lights that will work!   

Does anyone at wemo have a resolution or do you just enjoy making people pay money for products that don't work and then being unresponsive when it comes time to actually resolve the issue? 

I will continue to post here and provide updates until this issue is resolved.  If this issue continues to drag on longer than it should, I will be contacting the better business bureau as well.