WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not working

If you are sure, connect the Neutral wires together including the two WeMo Neutrals.

I have the same problem with WeMo switch light comes on then goes off within a second. I have tried resetting everything but does not correct the problem. Both switches are in same outlet box one controls the light the other the fan but neither work. Pretty frustrating since I removed all my GE switches and replaced with WeMo because I am doing total home automation and GE switches were limited to just zwave. Can any one tell me what is wrong 

Neutral is connected to white

Black is connected to power

2nd black is connected to light

green is connected to ground

Should work

Dennis

WEMO Maker Inventor

This is will be a wiring problem.  Either one of the wires is loose, or your switch is not wired the way you think.  If the wire connections are fine you need to check whether it's wired as a power through switch or a power through fixture.

Highlighted

Re: My New WeMo light switch not working -- Lamp Control fine

[ Edited ]

I havea problem with my new WeMo switch light comes on then goes off within a second. I have tried resetting everything but does not correct the problem. switch is in outlet box  controls the light . Can any one tell me what is wrong 

white Neutral is connected to white on WEMO 

Black on Wemo is connected to power

other black on WEMO is connected to light

green on WEMO  is connected to house ground

When I simply connect the two house black wires together the light comes on.   But when wires are connected as above light does not come on.  Sometimes after I do a reset or factory reset the light blinks for a sec.   

the small bottom green light on the switch comes on when the switch is operated manually.  But does not turn on light in room.

Should work  --- I think   ---  since the black house wires seem to be OK -- light works when they are connected.  Do I have a problem with Ground or Neutral ?   

This NOT a 3-way curcuit... a single switch controling a single light.  Two Black Wires controlled by switch,  a white neuatal and a Bare Ground available in switch Box --- simply replacing exsisting swith with MEWO light switch 

Confused with new WEMO ---- 

Hi, cwcarson. Just to verify, what's the LED light status of the light switch? Were you able to reset it properly? Here's the link on how to. Also, make sure that you have properly set up the Wemo light switch. Hence, it is recommended to hire a professional electrician for safety purposes. Check out this link for the diagram.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

The LED lights vary quite a bit --- we haven't worried about hem too much as the switch doesn't seem to work in manual mode -- thought that would be an important goal to start with and then worry about the LED later,,,,  but in general the small LED goes off and on after the switch is manually pressed.  

The Wifi LED usually is green except when we reset the switch -- and yes have seen the video... thanks 

I don't quite understand you recommending an electrican --- do you think getting an electrican over to look at this wiring which works with the orginal switch, but does not work with the WEMO is a smart thing to do ?  I would imgine the charge would be $150 or so -- is that needed to install this ?   I have been doing HVAC and house wiring for 30 years -- and I don';t see anything mysterious here other than it doesn't work

Do I need to return this item ?  seems like it broken -- when I operate it manually the small green switch LED lights - the WEMO make a click noise and the lower green light comes on...  but not the house light it is not on.  

Please don't tell me to hire an electrican -- but respond with some helpful suggestions -- maybe I should go purchase anoth WEMO switch to try ?  Swapping items always seems a good method to isolate a problem???  

is there a way to use a multi tester to see if the switch is actually closing ?   doesn't seem like it is ????

Thanks for the help 

WEMO Maker Inventor

If when you turn it on the load is powered for a second that seems to suggest the relay is working.  If the wemo then resets (you'll see the LED light blinking and reconnecting it's likely that either the wiring isn't what you expect, you've miswired, or your connections are loose.  It could be the switch is broken but this is not usually the case, more often the white wire is not neutral - you may have "power through fixture" wiring.

@cwcarson We can have our team further assist you on this matter. Email us your contact details along with this thread at WemoCares@belkin.com

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Re: My New WeMo light switch not working -- Lamp

Thanks Mike, 

Let me do some meter testing on the White and Ground wires from the Breaker box and to the light...  Maybe something is amiss there.   Thanks for the help...  

will respond tomorrow -- have family obligations today.  

Thanks again