WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not working

Hello. I have 23 wemo light switch. Some of them are turning on/off at a wrong time. Wemo support told me that I Have to reset all wemo to fix the problem. I don't want to confugure all 23 devices every time it decides to go bad.
Does somebody have a solution for me?

blancofran wrote:
Hello. I have 23 wemo light switch. Some of them are turning on/off at a wrong time. Wemo support told me that I Have to reset all wemo to fix the problem. I don't want to confugure all 23 devices every time it decides to go bad.
Does somebody have a solution for me?

What are you currently using to manage Wemos?  Multiple devices?  Any IFTTT use?

That  worked for me too thanks

I am having same issue. I moved switch to other area and I know it works there but in either of my bedrooms with a ceiling fan or in my kitchen with fluorescent lights it keeps tripping itself. It has a red and black and white wire in the box.

Hi everybody.  I just replaced a non-functioning (It was until recently) Intermatic timer switch with the WeMo Light Switch.  I've wired it up per the directions (red and black to the WeMo, ground to ground and white to white.

The switch powers up, and gets paired up to my router.  I can control the switch manually, and from the app.

But the light doesn't go on.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

What does this switch actually control.
As it was a timer was it a timer for a lite or a fan.
Also is there more than one switch to control the light or fan.

Is there more than one switch controlling this lite.

Yes I believe so. If you only have two wires in the box this is commonly called a switch leg where one wire brings power to the switch box which is then passed threw the switch back to the light. The neutral wire you need for wemo is up in the box at the lite.

I had the same issue and switching the white (neutral wemo) with either nut that included either black wemo wire didn't help but I wired the white wemo wire with the ground wires (copper wires hidden in the back of my box) fixed it.

I may have similar problem.

I installed the switch today. I think there is a neutral wire in the box so I have 2 live wires, 1 neutral and 1 ground wire connected.

After installing the device in the app, I tried turning it on but the wifi light first blinks green, then blinks amber and then turns off. The power indicator light never turns on. I tried manually pressing the switch to turn it on/off but that does not rusn the lights on or the light indicator on the switch.

I am not sure if this is a problem but I have 2 switches in the same box each controlling different lights. The light switch I replaced is not a 2 way switch. I also found 2 more 'neutral' wires (wires with nuts installed on them already) in the box but I am not sure what they are. Maybe I can check connecting them to the switch.