WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo light switch power draw

How much power does a WeMO light switch draw by itself when light is off? When light is on? In other words, it must be continuously checking for commands or checking its rules for "instructions" as to what to do. Does anything effect the power draw I(in order to keep it to a minimum)?

Re: WeMo light switch power draw

I believe the WEMO device itself draws about 2 Watts.

Based on what I have read online, the WEMO devices use very little power. 

Expert

[ Edited ]

@madmax WEMO uses very little power.  About a sixth of the power a clock radio does.  WEMO devices use less than 1.5 watts.

[ Edited ]

Does Belkin document the standby draw of the various WeMo products? At ~1.5W each, replacing a dozen light switches is the same as leaving a modern light bulb running 24x7.

The (discontinued?) Conserve Socket had its (active) power draw on the retail box. Smiley Happy

Also, pcmag.com.au reported 1.6W for the 220v version of the WeMo (wall) Switch.

Expert

Hi EnergySoren. Correct me if I'm wrong. Based on my understanding, you were referring to the power specifications of the WEMO devices, right? If that's the case, we do not have an article where it will show the information for each switches. You need to check it individually. For each WEMO products, you will also see the information on the box, or on the device itself. I hope that the following details would answer your question:

* WEMO Switch (120V~15A, 60Hz)

* WEMO Light Switch (120V~15A, 60Hz)

* WEMO Insight Switch (Max 120V~/16A/60Hz/1800W)

* WEMO Maker (check this link)

[ Edited ]

@Jonah_L  Hopefully you'll receive this and be able to offer us all some clarification on this topic. I'm pretty sure everyone here is looking for the number of watts used to keep the different Wemo devices on standby. How much power do each of those devices need to function? Many people use these devices to make energy conservation easier, so it's necessary to know how much energy is being used in order to see if it's counterproductive!

Hope you can provide that info for each of those devices you mentioned.

Thanks

Expert

For the WEMO Switch, Light Switch and Insight Switch, the wattage should be 1800W. 

Jonah_L:

I still don't think that you understand the question.  Your answer (1800 Watts) would be true if the WeMo switch is turned on and supplying power to an 1800 Watt device.

How much power do WeMo devices draw when they are turned off?

If your answer is still 1800 Watts, then please tell me why they don't get really really hot when turned off?  All that power has to go into heat somewhere when turned off.

Expert

Hello Slimeytoad. WEMO devices use less than 1.5 watts or uses about a sixth of the power that a clock radio does.