WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo smart plug keeps disconnecting from wifi

I have a bunch of smart switches that have been working perfectly so far. I bought a smart plug for a lamp. I've had nothing but issues. It keeps losing the wifi connection. I have a Google WiFi mesh Network so signal is not a problem. The routers constantly search and switch to channels with the lowest interference. It doesn't make sense how the switches work flawlessly but I have to do a manual reset on the plug everyday.

I wish I never dropped the 40 bucks on this as it just simply doesn't work. I even tried assigning a static IP address to it thinking it would stabilize. No luck. This thing will not stay connected. It shows as not found in the app and Google home cannot find it. What a piece of junk. I plan on giving a zero rating on various shopping sites.

Expert

Re: WeMo smart plug keeps disconnecting from wifi

Hi, Rmayda. What's your plug's exact model number? Is it running on the latest firmware? What's the unit's LED behavior when you try to set it up? After, resetting it, does the LED behavior changes?

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

I've reset it several times. It is running the latest firmware. The LED is unlit, which to me says everything is normal, despite it not staying connected to WiFi.

Model number is F7C027.

Again, I have multiple switches throughout the house and not a single one has ever disconnected from the network. I've even moved the plug around the house and it disconnects.

Seems like you've already exhausted all the possible workarounds, Rmayda. Allow us to have our 2nd level support team check in your case; email us at WemoCares@belkin.com your contact details, your username, and the link to this thread so we can have this isolated. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Have been having the same issue, I have two plugs for my bedrooms and the hardware keeps dropping the device which then I ha e to unplug and plug back in at least once a week... not realible which may result in purchasing a different product...

I’m having the same issues. The smart plug will just drop off. Is it a conflict of too many devices? My TP links never drop off. I too have reset and installed the lates firmware.

Let's sort this one out, Madshell. Was this working fine before? Are all of your wireless devices experiencing the same thing? Make sure that the Smart Plug's firmware is up-to-date. Also, can you tell us its current LED status? If the setback has not been rectified with the workarounds you have done, please email us along with the information asked and with what 

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same problem.  I see no solution fron from Wemo.

I have same problem.  TP Link plugs work fine.

[ Edited ]

What about the rest of us experiencing the same issue.  And you take the solution off line with the first person complaining??????