WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo smart plug keeps disconnecting from wifi

[ Edited ]

@someday753

Hi, there! Have you tried all workaround given by and ? If yes, and the issue still persists, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com and send the following details so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this thread
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

If you find a solution that works, please post it.

I have a Wemo Mini that was bricked by a firmware update and despite 7 resets, 45 minutes worth of chat with two support engineers, and tweaking my router's settings all I have left if a fancy, blinking night light (FBNL).

I have two other Minis that work fine and two Wemo wall switches so I am fairly confident the issue is with the device and a bad firmware update.  I have moved my FBNL around my home, completed "basic" resets (hold the power button down for 30 seconds, unplug unit for 30 seconds while still holding the button down, plug in back in, and keep the button depressed for an additional 30 seconds.), and tried every tip available on this forum.

Is the only option to return the two Minis (they were part of a two-pack)?

Hi, jmac1! We'd like to have a better look on this case so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you with it. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the contact info provided by 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have two Wemo switches and an Insight plug that are constantly disconnecting. I have changed my router to channels 1, 6, and 11. Reset the devices numerous times (I have had to try resetting many times the even get the device to connect). They will stay connected for a day or so before disconnecting.

Remote access never seems to work. As soon as I leave my house, the devices will not show up on the app. The Remote Access is turned on.

The devices are close the my router.

I have other devices from another company that operate without any issues. I would like to keep the Wemo’s to avoid the expense of replacing them.

Anyone have any further ideas? Thanks in advance.

[ Edited ]

@dpoon wrote:
I have two Wemo switches and an Insight plug that are constantly disconnecting. I have changed my router to channels 1, 6, and 11. Reset the devices numerous times (I have had to try resetting many times the even get the device to connect). They will stay connected for a day or so before disconnecting.

Remote access never seems to work. As soon as I leave my house, the devices will not show up on the app. The Remote Access is turned on.

The devices are close the my router.

I have other devices from another company that operate without any issues. I would like to keep the Wemo’s to avoid the expense of replacing them.

Anyone have any further ideas? Thanks in advance.

How far are the Wemo device to your router and also make sure the firmware is updated. Have you tried to disable and enable remote access? Also use a different handheld device to check If the issue still persists. Shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

These wemo outlets are a great idea with extremely poor execution. It's constantly an issue with my four outlets; sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Waste of money and time.
They always seem to have updates that continuously make things worse. Here's the latest firmware version that doesn't' work well for me: WeMo_WW_2.00.11059.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

Same problem. I have 5 light switches. Only 2 work consistently. Not cool at all considering the price.

Hi, nmarushak. Are all of your Light Switches' firmware running on its latest version? How far are they from the router? Have you tried rebooting the other 3 Light Switches?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I was hoping to find a solution here but just found people having the same issue I do.

Constantly needing to reboot is not a solution.

Constantly updating firmware (do you send out new firmware daily?) is not a solution.

I have plugs, Wemo cams, and light switches that stay connected a few days and then drop off. Weekly have to reset and reconnect. I had an electrician install the switches at additional expense and now apparently have to do it again with a different vendor. I have connected devices further away from my router and they stay connected. One of the WEMO switches is across the room (12 feet) from my router. 

Can someone on this forum recommend a manufacturer that does NOT have these problems?

Thank you.