WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

WeMo switch with tap/dimmer lamp

2EAE8A90-3FC6-48AB-8756-7AD8DEE2513A.jpegHi there

Anyone know how to solve this? I have a Himalayan Salt Lamp that has a tap on switch that also acts as a dimmer. I’ve connected my WeMo switch (i have several other on with normal on/off lamps) and I can hear it click on and off but it has no effect on the light. The lamp switch is like the one in this photo.

I’d really love to have this lamp on a timer!

Thanks!

Re: WeMo switch with tap/dimmer lamp

Hello iamfancyp

This not a fault of the WeMo.

It is unlikely that you will get your touch dimmer lamp to light up when powered through your WeMo at initial switch on. This is because the lamp's default state at powering up i.e. plugging straight into your wall socket or powering via a WeMo is almost certainly "off" due to its internal electronic switching circuitry.

Once you have switched the power on via the WeMo, you should be able to use the lamp's touch dimmer facility.

Regards

Pete

** Always kudo people who help you and mark their reply as the solution if they solve your problem! **

Hi, iamfancyp. Try to connect a different lamp or electronic device to the WEMO switch to test if also does not turn it On/Off. Also, what's the model number of the switch? Can you also check the LED status as you tap the On/Off button on the App? Have you also tried pressing the physical button to further see if it behaves the same?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same lamp.  I cut the dimmer off from the cord and connected a standard plug to it.  I then have my WEMO dimmer switch control the wall socket taht I plug it into.  No probllems.

[ Edited ]
  • Hello txmmoore 

Did you lose the touch-dimming facility after replacing the plug?

Edit: Ah! Upon closer reading I see you cut off the dimmer unit so the dimming facility must have been lost.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, yes I'm aware it's not a fault of the WeMo, just wanted interested if anyone had a workaround which I see someone did. Thanks for your response!

Perfect thank you @txmmoore - that's exactly what I'll do!