WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo update broke my Switches

[ Edited ]

I have four orginal weMo switches (UK Plug In Type) and a wemo maker which have all been working fine until the latest firmware update. After the update they wouldnt see my Ubiquiti APs at all. So after a day of messing around I turned the 2.4Ghz radio on, on my router for them to connect to. After another day of hard resets I finally have them all working, or so I thought. After an hour or two they now randomly disconnect from the network. They then have to be rebooted and sometimes they re-connect and sometimes they wont.

I was really pleased with my weMo's up until now, but if I cannot get them working in a stable manner, I will bin-them and and move to TP-Link as their products appear to be more stable and better supported.

I have tried all of the work-arounds that I have read in the forums and nothing works

Re: WeMo update broke my Switches

I am having the same problem with all of my WEMO devices on my Ubiquiti AP's after this update.

I have a post on the forms WEMO with many issues

They called me to tell me that it is a firmware issue and they are working on a fix

Hopefully that will come soon 

The same with my switches.  They aren’t discovered on the app. 

Mine as well. Had to go through the house and unplug all plugs and turn off all breakers where the switches are to get them back. Now they work with Alexa but my wemo app is a mess.
Highlighted

Exactly controling the devices from LAN is broken