WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Bridge and Homekit

HI,

I added the bridge to my homekit but the devices i have do not appear in the homekit for activation nor can i use siri to turn them on. If i go to add automation the devices are present but not a simple on off feature.

I have two Insight V2s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Wemo Bridge and Homekit

[ Edited ]

Hello, Ghrack.

If your Wemo Bridge is already added to the Apple Home app but a Wemo device you connected doesn't show up in the app, you may need to check the firmware of the Wemo device.  An outdated firmware might keep it from being visible in the app.  It is recommended to upgrade the firmware using the Wemo App. Click here to know how.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Thank you for the prompt reply. Sadly all my devices are up to date. Is there more info i can provide that will help?

Thanks!

Noted. Make sure that the Home data option in your iOS device is enabled and that the Remote Access is turned on in the Wemo App. Then, reset the Wemo bridge and repeat the installation process. Let us know if you encounter any error message. 

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

LOL, reset, reinstall, repeat, the standard belkin mantra.  Chant.  Incantation.  Why not just fix the bugs so it's not necessary?

This is surprising "Remote Access is turned on in the Wemo App".  So the wemo home bridge MUST go through the belkin cloud?  You're sure about that?  That would be quite disturbing.  Who designs this stuff?

Ive reset it twice and remote access is enabled.

What else can we try?

Expert

@Ghrack

Let's get our Escalation Engineers investigate further on this matter. Please shoot us an email through Wemocares@belkin.com along with the following details:

Full Name 

User Name

Phone Number

Locaiton (CIty/State)

Link to this Post

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Perhaps you could ask your engineers why enabling remote access is required to use the Wemo Home Bridge?  HomeKit uses a local encrypted API connection to home bridge devices.  Why would you force remote access and put customer privacy at risk?