WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Bridge does not detect devices

Hello everyone,

A month ago I bought Wemo Bridge and everything was perfect, I installed it and it detected the four Wemo Insight I have at home and from HomeKit everything worked perfectly.

But for a week the devices appeared as 'offline' although from the Wemo application they work perfectly. I reset the Wemo Bridge and now it does not detect any.

Some idea ?

Expert

Re: Wemo Bridge does not detect devices

Hi, Carquinyol.

After resetting the Wemo Bridge, have you paired it with the same Apple Home app? This retains stale entries for the Wemo Bridge and Wemo devices instead of replacing older icons with newly added devices. Use the Remove Bridge option from the Apple Home app and run the setup again on the Wemo Bridge.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

I have the same issue. Resetting the Wemo bridge does not make any difference. After a few minutes the Wemo bridge light goes off and no longer works.

It does not seem like this product was well tested before it was released.

@gewithers The Wemo Bridge's light should be off when it is connected and working fine. What error did you receive from the Homekit App? Are the other Wemo devices working fine from the Wemo App? Please try to remove the Bridge from the Homekit App and reset/reconfigure it again. Let us know the progress.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I used to get a "Not Responding" error, not they do not show up at all. This is after removing the bridge from Homekit and adding it back in.

I have tried power cycling and remove from Homekit and adding back in multiple times.

Overall since I have had this bridge it has been very unstable. My Ecobee 3 thermostat has been stable as a rock in Homekit, but the Wemo bridge has been a big disapointment so far.

I am now at the point where I have to trash all of the Wemo settings and reset each one manually in the hopes that they will work again.

Alright, gewithers. If it still won't work, send us an email with your contact details along with the link on this thread at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have you further assisted by our escalation engineers. 

• Username
  • Phone number
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support