WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Bridge for Homekit

I have the same problem. Seems the bridge becomes confused after and extended period of operation. Links in the table appear to be corrupted and either report an error in HomeKit or control the wrong device. At one point I had two switch icons both controlling the same Wemo outlet device it they did not control the switch they were supposed to. My guess is a firmware upgrade for the actual WEMO bridge or a HomeKit update since the WEMO app still controls the devices fine. It is HomeKit that gets confused. Will be awhile if we have to wait for Apple to admit their stuff is broken and even longer for them to fix it.

Any resolution on this issue?  I'm seeing the same problem with my system.  I have two Wemo switches which Apple Homekit gets confused after a day or so. I turn on one switch from Homekit and it shows both switches on but in reality only one is on.  The Wemo app works correctly.  If I reset the Wemo bridge by cycling power, everything works fine for a day or so.

I just installed 2 more Wemo Minis and 2 Wall light switches using the same WiFi password of only letters and numbers with no special characters. I have had no issues installing them and as soon as the firmware updates install, I’m good to go. There has been no need to manage or reboot my router Or Wemo Bridge. My remote login uses the same password as does my iPhone when I first installed the firmware update. I do not have Hulu installed on my AppleTV. I also do not assign static IP addresses to any of my Wemo devices and use my Nest thermostat on 5 GHz and not 2.4.

I have noticed a very similar issue with 2 of the Wemo plugs disconnecting in HomeKit.  They will reconnect after some time or if I reboot the Wemo Bridge.  Curiously, the same 2 switches are the 2 Wemo Mini plugs I have in my setup.  I have had no issues with the old Wemo plugs or the Insight plug that I have installed.  All Wemo devices are up to the latest firmware.

Hi, DMBlakeley. Along with rebooting the router, the workaround you’re doing is what we usually recommend for cases like this. However, allow us to ask you a few questions.

1. When did this start?
  2. How frequently does this happen?
  3. Do you get any error message in the HomeKit app when they disconnect?
  4. Are they also not detected in the Wemo app when they disconnect from HomeKit?

Please send us your answers via email at WemoCares@Belkin.com along with your username, link to this post, and your contact details (name, city/state, and phone number) for we may have to look into this further with our Escalation Engineers. Thank you.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Interesting:  "Please send us your answers via email".  So the stability problems with the belkin homebridge have grown so bad you've decided to try to take them out of view of the community immediately?  Of course it's because the workarounds don't really work.  And a home automation system that needs to be restarted daily isn't really automated nor useful for remote access - hard to reboot when away.  Unless you're suggesting we buy a competitor switch that does work and reboot the bridge daily using it?  Can you recommend one?

Same issue here. I have 3 wemo light switch, 4 wemo smart plug switch. HomeKit has become confused about which device is which and no longer reads their state correctly.  When the outside light automation runs it turns on the front door light instead. When I manually turn on the outside light switch in HomeKit it turns on the front door light switch and the outside light switch. 

All the devices work fine when controlled directly within the Wemo iPhone app.

it seems that this started after installing IOS 11.4

@Bigkahula_qc Please try to reboot the Wemo Bridge and see if it makes any difference. Try also to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App and make sure that the Wemo devices are running on the latest firmware.

If the issue persists, please email us following the advice from   so we can have our Escalation Engineers perform a further diagnosis on this matter.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

So I am having the exact same problem, the Home app seems to (at times) randomize, when I turn on one light, another one actually comes on etc etc, power cycling fixes it for a few days then they will switch to “not responding” and then random lights come on (while trying to turn on a different one) SO WHAT IS THE DEAL?? AN OBVIOUS DESIGN FLAW?? IF THIS CANT BE FIXED WITH A FIRMWARE UPDATE THEN IS WEMO GOING TO SUPPLY US WITH A REPLACEMENT FUCTIONING UNIT THAT, AFTER SET UP IS ESSENTIALLY ‘PLUG & PLAY’??? IS A PROPERLY WORKING BRIDGE TOO MUCH TO ASK?? SO WEMO, I ASK YOU FOR YOUR SPECIFIC PLAN TO ADDRESS THIS WIDE SPREAD ISSUE??? BEEN DOWN THE ROAD OF RESET THIS; REMOVE & RE-ADD THAT AND ON & ON & ON IT GOES! WHAT AND WHEN IS THE PROPER FIX COMING WEMO? (WITH SPECIFIC DATES!).!!

yes I have had the same experience.  Seems still some bugs need to be resolved in the bridge. the WEMO products have been the most stable products home automation products I have had until the Homekit bridge was added.  I'm sure it will get rectified soon.