WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Bridge for Homekit

I have the same problem. Seems the bridge becomes confused after and extended period of operation. Links in the table appear to be corrupted and either report an error in HomeKit or control the wrong device. At one point I had two switch icons both controlling the same Wemo outlet device it they did not control the switch they were supposed to. My guess is a firmware upgrade for the actual WEMO bridge or a HomeKit update since the WEMO app still controls the devices fine. It is HomeKit that gets confused. Will be awhile if we have to wait for Apple to admit their stuff is broken and even longer for them to fix it.

Any resolution on this issue?  I'm seeing the same problem with my system.  I have two Wemo switches which Apple Homekit gets confused after a day or so. I turn on one switch from Homekit and it shows both switches on but in reality only one is on.  The Wemo app works correctly.  If I reset the Wemo bridge by cycling power, everything works fine for a day or so.

I just installed 2 more Wemo Minis and 2 Wall light switches using the same WiFi password of only letters and numbers with no special characters. I have had no issues installing them and as soon as the firmware updates install, I’m good to go. There has been no need to manage or reboot my router Or Wemo Bridge. My remote login uses the same password as does my iPhone when I first installed the firmware update. I do not have Hulu installed on my AppleTV. I also do not assign static IP addresses to any of my Wemo devices and use my Nest thermostat on 5 GHz and not 2.4.