WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Connected. No internet?

I have 3 working Wemo minis. I tried and failed to get the new 4th to work. I followed the instructions, lights blinking check. Used android app and found unit in my wifi list, check. Clicked on it, phone says connected but no internet & I cant get past that step. Reset Wemo, in un- and reinstalled app etc. Same results every time I try to install wemo. What's the next step?

Re: Wemo Connected. No internet?

Hello @Baturro. Do you mean to say that it won't allow you to connect to your home wireless network? If yes, then please make sure to connect it to a 2.4-GHz band (if your router is a dual-band).

You may also try moving it near to the router to avoid interference upon setting it up and use the latest version of the Wemo App. Please also try to use another handheld device and see if you can proceed with the setup. Check out this article for the setup process.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I'm saying what I see on my phone screen. I don't know if it is in fact connected to my home wifi. Using the Wemo app, I'm instructed to go to my wifi settings, find and connect to the new Wemo mini and then return to the app. I click the link on the app that takes me to my wifi settings. I see the Wemo, click on it. My phone then shows "Connected but no internet access". And that's as far as I can get. I've followed other troubleshooting advice I've found on the web and also the link instructions you just gave me. Same result. I've come across many other instances of other people having the same issue with this product online.

@Baturro

Have you tried to set-up the Wemo device close to the Router? What is its LED light status? Also, is your other handheld devices can go online?

Please try to power cycle your Router, unplug and re-plug the Wemo Mini, move it closer to the Router and provide us the screenshot of the error message that you are getting.

Juviena_P - 22245

Wemo Technical Support

Juviena,

Yes, the the Wemo is in the same room as my router. The Wemo's lights are blinking white and orange. My handhend devices can go online when connected to my wifi but not when connected to the Wemo.

Attached is the screen shot.Wemo Shot.jpg

@Baturro wrote:

Juviena,

Yes, the the Wemo is in the same room as my router. The Wemo's lights are blinking white and orange. My handhend devices can go online when connected to my wifi but not when connected to the Wemo.

Attached is the screen shot.

Noted on that, Baturro. Please take note that there is no source of internet connection on the Wemo device. That's why it states "internet may not be available." If the LED light status is blinking orange and white, it means that the Wemo device is still on setup mode. To proceed on the setup, after you connect to its setup SSID, please launch the Wemo app, and connect to your wireless network afterwards. You may check this article for reference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

All the articles you've sent me are for Apple products. Do you have anything helpful for Android?

@Baturro wrote:
All the articles you've sent me are for Apple products. Do you have anything helpful for Android?

@Baturro,

Please see this article on how to set up the Wemo Mini using an Android device.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I followed the Android instructions and was still unsuccessful in getting it to work. I could get as far as step 5. At that point the app did not show or allow me to access a "Personalize" screen where I could rename the Wemo unit in the app.

Hey Baturro. Try to reboot the device then check if the remote access feature is enabled on your app. If not, please enable it.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support