WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Wemo Dimmer - LED Light only dim slightly

I recently purchased an WEMO dimmer and noticed that the LED recessed lights are not dimming as much as the same LED lights I have in other rooms.  This is a new install and all the recessed fixtures and bulbs are the same.  Two rooms use manual Decora dimmers, and one room the WEMO dimmer.  The others dim to a suitable level so I can blame the LED bulbs.

Has anyone experienced a simllar issue?

Re: Wemo Dimmer - LED Light only dim slightly

@lmbear2000

Are you referring to the light bulb that doesn't dim if you control it manually through the Wemo Dimmer or is it the LED indicator on the Dimmer itself? Try to reset your Wemo device and reconfigure it from scratch. By then, observe if it behaves the same and post back for any updates.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks.  I actually have a case opened and they have escalated it to second level support.

The Wemo Dimmer appears to be functioning correctly, but on lowest level the lights dim, but are still almost blindingly bright.

I worked with a tech for about an hour and we tried several different bulb configurations and reset the switch.

I'm just using my first dimmer on a fixture with (6) dimmable LED Cadelabra bulbs.  These work fine with the dimmer.

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-Electric-Candelabra-Chandelier-Dimmable/dp/B01C4UD36G

Tech level 2 will probably fix it for you, but when you set it up, were you asked to set the lowest dimmer settings?

When I installed ours, the app asked me to set the lowest lighting setting I would like.  Now when I dim the lights, it starts where I want it.  I thought it was a nice touch.