WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Dimmer and LED Edison Style Filament bulb compatibility...

Has anyone here found an Edison style filament LED bulb that works with the Wemo dimmer? My wife and I have tried several different brand bulbs (including the one Ecosmart bulb Wemo claims will work with the dimmer) and so far no luck. I'm not too picky on bulb brands, I just need an Edison LED bulb that works or this dimmer needs to come out and we have to give up and go back to a dumb dimmer switch.

Basically every Edison bulb we've tried does not dim. During the set up it never goes to it's lowest brightness, just all the way on. This switch controls two can lights in the kitchen and one pendant light over the kitchen island. The can LED lights are Sylvania and if I put a non-Edison Ecosmart bulb in the pendant light all three work and dim properly. If I put any Edison bulb in the pendant light they don't dim, just go to full brightness right away.

Re: Wemo Dimmer and LED Edison Style Filament bulb compatibility...

Hi, johnsongomes,

The only tested and recommended Edison bulb for the WeMo Dimmer is the Edison Bulb Pack of 4 by Brillante - 60 W Clear. You can also check this link for the compatible bulbs for the WeMo Dimmer.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Edison bulbs are just incandescents. Any should work. I have some candelabra style lights I got on amazon and they’re fine. Did the circuit have a dimmer before? If they’re not dimming during set up it sounds like there is a wiring problem.

Oh hold on, I just noticed you are trying to control LED lights and incandescent (Edison) at the same time. That won’t work. You’ll have to pick one or the other for every light on the circuit.