WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wemo Dimmer has power and appears to work....but wont turn on/off/dim lights

Installed the dimmer, and it worked intially with a standard light.  Switched out the light for some led track lighting, worked at first, then stopped once I sealed everything back up.  Switch still has power, and can connect to network fine, appears to turn on and off and dim from the app....but nothing happens with the light.  Reset and rebooted everything, nothing.  Im assuming something inside the dimmer is not working, but no idea.

Re: Wemo Dimmer has power and appears to work....but wont turn on/off/dim lights

Also, just to add...put standard switch back in and that turns the light on and off fine.   So its not the light.

Re: Wemo Dimmer has power and appears to work....but wont turn on/off/dim lights

Hi, jincargo. The Wemo Dimmer is designed for dimmable bulbs. Please make sure that you're using these following compatible bulbs in your Wemo Dimmer. For regular bulbs, we recommend using a Wemo Light Switch instead

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I’m using three 60w LED bulbs

Bought new dimmable LED's...nothing.

Bought a GE Z Wave Dimmer....works great.

Pretty sure I have a defective Wemo Dimmer.

@jincargo

Please make sure the Wemo dimmer is updated. We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Done!

New switch arrived today and worked like a charm.   Thanks!

Was it a new switch? after 3 weeks mine just stopped working sounds like the same problem.

I purchased Wemo dimmable switch, I am able to connect it the the wi/fi and everything but it won’t turn on or off my lights! I have high heads dimable!
Anyone please help...
Thanks