WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wemo Dimmer turns on/off at maximum brightness only. It won’t Dim

Hello, I am also experiencing a problem with my Wemo dimmer in the kitchen. It worked flawlessly with the wemo app, but apple HomeKit integration was a hassle and a waste of time.

My issue started today when the dimmer stopped dimming. It turns on and off manually and through the app as well, but It stays at the 100% maximum brightness. The lights on the actual switch will move up and down when you put your finger on it but the lights aren’t dimming. Flipped the breaker and reset the switch as well as my WiFi. Resetting doesn’t work and when setting up the switch in the app it still refuses to dim. I have a mix of 11 wemo minis, dimmers and switches. All work fine with no issues except for the kitchen dimmer. Please Help... I’ve been on hold with tech support for over an hour with no response.

Re: Wemo Dimmer turns on/off at maximum brightness only. It won’t Dim

I should add that the dimmer worked great for the last 2 months.

Serial
241824K1504401

MAC
24F5A2458D18

Firmware
WeMo_WW_2.00.11215.PVT-OWRT-Dimmer

So far I’ve been on hold for almost 2 HOURS. If you ever wondered how there customer service works? I can tell you it is NON EXISTENT. I will be going through Amazon to try and get this thing returned. I’m terrified about what will happen with my 2 other dimmers... 2 smart switches... and 6 minis... BUYER BEWARE!!

FYI... I got Amazon on the phone within 5 min. My call with Belkin(Wemo) is still on hold(lmfao). Amazon will send me a replacement and Belkin(Wemo) has never responded to my issues.

If you’re having problems with your wemo products that were purchased through Amazon, I would suggest bypassing Belkin(Wemo) and going directly through Amazon. Abysmal customer service from Wemo. I had plans on purchasing more switches and plugs. After this experience I will not be buying anymore Wemo products.

That is not a solution but a work around...  Was hoping for a REAL solution.  Having similar issue.  Can manually set it at the switch, but if I try to adjust the brightness at all from the App it shuts off.

On & off work fine.  Seemed to start with the last firmware update

Did you try recalibrating the dimmer? The update may have whacked out the calibaration that was done when you initially set up the dimmer.