WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Dimmer won't connect to WiFi

I had the exact issue and I just got it to work. I went into my router to verify it transmitted at 2.4G and went into the wireless settings. I noticed a button that was not checked that said "enable smart connect" I went ahead and enabled it and I was able to complete the setup on my dimmer after that.

You can add me to the list. Will not connect to my wifi. Same issue as all of the others posting here.

Let's look into this, Cvpro. Can you share with us the workarounds you have done so far? Was this working fine before? Make sure that your phone is connected to the same network as your WEMO Dimmer.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Add me to the list - can't connect! WTH come on Wemo!

Add me to that list of someone who is about to return 5 wemo dimmer switches for another product. I too had successfully installed 3 light switches 2 years ago. These dimmer switches are just junk!

The trouble shooting is the same as the others... light is blinking blue, run setup, go through testing the light bulbs and then nothing...asks me to enter my SSID for the 2.4 network and then error message that it can not connect. I tried reseting using the light bar, tried reseting router, reset phone, tried using ipad, tried case sensitivity, I did the exact same thing on all 5 dimmer switches.. yes insanity! Any constructive suggestions would be appriciated..

Add me to that list of someone who is about to return 5 wemo dimmer switches for another product. I too had successfully installed 3 light switches 2 years ago. These dimmer switches are just junk!

The trouble shooting is the same as the others... light is blinking blue, run setup, go through testing the light bulbs and then nothing...asks me to enter my SSID for the 2.4 network and then error message that it can not connect. I tried reseting using the light bar, tried reseting router, reset phone, tried using ipad, tried case sensitivity, I did the exact same thing on all 5 dimmer switches.. yes insanity! Any constructive suggestions would be appriciated..

@jktuck613 wrote:

We understand your sentiments on this, jktuck613. Have you tried to check if the firmware is up-to-date? We can have this case endorsed to our escalation engineers to conduct further diagnosis, and assist you further.

If you wish to proceed, you may send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with these following details:

• Name/Username
  • Contact number 
  • Firmware version of the Wemo dimmers you have

Thank you.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Good news.. all 5 of my wemo dimmers are now working. Cooler heads prevailed. 

Sunday morning I removed power from all 5 dimmers and reinstalled 1 dimmer and then attempted to connect to the network. Perfect.. installed onto the network in less then 60 seconds. then dilmmer switch 2, 3, 4 and 5.. All connected and are now working.

Highlighted

After mutiple attempts, was unable to get 2 new Wemo Dimmers to connect via Android after having no problems with my first Wemo dimmer purchase.  Switched to using an iPad vs my Pixel 2 XL... after resetting everything... worked like a charm. The iOS app also allows for SSID selection.