WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Dimmer won't turn off -- manually or with app

My Wemo was working perfectly but now it won’t turn on remotely or manually. Everything is wired correctly too! When I manually turn the switch on you can hear a click but my pot lights do not turn on.... thoughts?

@Vlad,

Since when did you notice this happen? Make sure that you've updated its firmware and you're using the latest WEMO App version. Have you tried uninstall the App first and reset the Dimmer again once you've re-installed it?

@Mjpa13,

What's the model number of the switch are you referring so we can assist you accordingly? Have you tried plugging it on a different outlet and check if the same behavior occurs?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the same issue. The switch works the majority of the time, followed by it basically becoming 'stuck' and either unable to turn off or unable to turn on.The swich lights are active but do not react to toggling.

Trying from the app attempts to toggle it, but in the end does nothing.

Rebooting / resetting had no effect, other than it attempting to set up the switch when reset.

The only solution I have found so far was to flip the breaker, at which point it comes back up and works properly.

I haven't noticied a pattern. A few days ago I flipped the breaker and the problem re-occured a few hours later. I would say on average once a week or so thus far.

I'm not amazingly impressed with this 'feature' for the cost of this switch.

As an added bonus I found out my UPS battery was pretty much dead when I flipped the breaker and found the computers lost power...

Same here, any solution yet?

@NyerinVa wrote:
Same here, any solution yet?

Have you tried to reset the Wemo device? If no, please press and hold the LED bar for 11 to 14 seconds until its illuminated red then release. Also, make sure the firmware is updated.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I tried holding down the LED bar.  The small LED dots will cascade downward but the LED bar does not ever light up.  I tried holding down the power button.  I tried sliding around the LED dots.  The only thing that worked is flipping the breaker.

Expert

That's a bit odd, @howardhsu. Check out this link, it might be of help. 

If setback recurs, please shoot us an email to Wemocares@belkin.com along with your Full Name, Location (City/State), Phone Number and a Link to this post.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Happened a second time today.  First time was in November 2017 -- when the first posts appeared on this topic.  Second time is curiously just after the 2nd series of posts.  

Only thing that works is resetting the breaker - which of course causes problems for everything else on that breaker.  Can't understand why this happens -- and the response from the Wemo techs on the site say its odd.  It may be odd but it is happening to a lot of people   If happens again going to a different company's switch.  

Highlighted
Expert

Hi, cmresq.

Please do make sure that you've update the Wemo Dimmer's firmware. You can also re-check the wiring to assure that it was properly setup.

If setback recurs, you can shoot us an email through Wemocares@belkin.com so our Escaltion Engineers can conduct further diagnosis on the matter along wtih the following information:

Full Name
Phone Number
Location (City/State)
Link to this post

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Mine is stuck on. Can’t reset over the app can’t reset manually on the dimmer itself. Yes Pamela....followed the steps above. Did nothing. Now that that bit of useless help is out of the way, let’s talk warranty replacement. I’ve had nothing but trouble with these dimmers (I have 3). I email support but they simply close the issue and do nothing. Great support guys! Frustrating. I guess if you respond here I know you care otherwise I’ll be looking at another product. Rest assured I’ll tell everyone I know to avoid this product.