WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Dimmer won't turn off -- manually or with app

I have a dimmer switch stuck in the 'on' position at 100%.  Using the app or the switch fails to turn it off.

This has happened before and the only way I found was to flip the breaker.

This is not an acceptable long term solution. Is there any other option?

Pressing and holding the reset button while the light is on doesn't seem to do anything (though the dimmer level leds do cycle).

Re: Wemo Dimmer won't turn off -- manually or with app

@brimo

Are you trying to turn Off the Bulb/s that the Wemo Dimmer is controlling? Or, is it specifically the Wemo Dimmer itself? If it is, the Wemo Dimmer is designed to be On all the time as it's used for controlling or accessing your bulb/s remotely. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I am trying to turn off the bulbs.  They are what is stuck in the 'on'.

This is the second time this has happened to it since June 1 or so when I bought it.  Hopefully the last.

I just wanted to know if this was a 'known issue' and whether there was an associated solution.

Expert

This seems to be an unusual behavior of the Wemo Dimmer, brimo. Were you able to verify with your local electrician if the wiring is properly installed? Please try these following troubleshooting steps so we can isolate things further:

- unscrew the bulb from the bulb socket and screw it back in. Observe if the same thing happens.

- try using other bulbs.

If the same setback persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further. Include your contact details (full name, phone number, country and state), and the link to this community post for our reference.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Verifying that this is indeed unusual behaviour was part of my reason for posting this... and indeed no-one else chimed in with "me too" so that is reassuring.

I have reset the breaker (obviously) and the light switch is working again.  I have had issues about every 5 weeks since I bought it (either stuck on or stuck off until breaker reset).  If it happens again, I will email you.  Thanks.

me too - can't turn the light off with app or switch - stuck at 80%

[ Edited ]

Hi, bphill. Were you able to follow the instructions provided by ? If not yet, please do so. You may also try power cycling the circuit breaker. If the issue persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com with your Phone Number and Location, your username and the link to this community post for our reference. So we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I have this problem too. Started tonight. I turned on the switch manually and cannot turn it off. I finally uninstalled the switch and found the back is very hot.

tdukes

Were you able to follow the above instructions? If not yet, please do so. BTW, if the device keeps getting very hot. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com with these following details, so we can endorse your case to our 2nd Level Support Team:

Full Name:

Phone Number:

Location (state/country):

Community Username:

Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Same here. Can't turn it off. After multiple attempts to reset it the dimmer disappeared from the app list view as well