WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Dimmer won't turn off -- manually or with app

Hi, Carl1616.
We've tried pulling up your record in the system but seems like you haven't emailed us yet. Mind sending us an email again to properly cater your case. Please refer to the email format posted by  We'll be waiting.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I also seem to be falling in under the same circumstances as the above. I tried changing bulbs, updating firmware, checking wiring. It happens every 3 or 4 days. I've just gotten so use to throwing the breaker to get it to unfreeze. The dimmer is only 6 months old maybe. Anyone one else get some help from wemo or are we just stuck with the problem?

Hi, chalhayn. Let's get your case over to our 2nd Level Support Team. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, username, and link to this thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
Abe

Hi, same thing is happening to me. If I try to turn off the light from the app, the app crashes. I can’t turn it off manually or switch out the light bulbs (led recessed lighting)

Hi, Abe. What is the status of the Wemo Dimmer’s LED indicator? When did this issue start? Can you still see the Wemo Dimmer on the app’s device list?

Try power cycling the Wemo Dimmer by turning on/off the power source (circuit breaker). Also, uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app and see if it crashes again.

Let us know how it goes.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same issue with a couple of my Wemo Dimmer Switches.

I installed 5 of these switches in my house in March. 2 of the 5 have had this same issue that I'll describe below:

Sometimes, the lights will be on and then when I go to turn it off, the switch won't respond. It doesn't seem to matter what percentage the dimmer is at. Sometimes, the lights will be off and when I try to turn it on, the switch won't respond either. In both cases, the app doesn't respond either. Usually, when I go to the app to toggle the switch, the power icon for that light will change from off to on or on to off (depending on what I'm trying to do) but the actualy lights don't respond. Once I close the app and open it back up again, it reverts back to the original state of the power icon before I tried to toggle it.

I tried holding down the LED bar and the indicator lights on the switch would go up and down a couple of times and then stop. I believe this is some kind of a reset procedure but after the indicator lights stop, the switch or the app still doesn't respond.

The only solution I've found is to reset the breaker which is not acceptable for obvious reasons.

Since I've had these installed in March, it's probably happened about 5 or 6 times for each switch and it's always the same 2 switches which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue since the other 3 have worked fine since installation.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. It's frustrating. If someone from Belkin Wemo support reads this, please let me know what I can do. I just want to be able to turn my lights on and off reliably.

Thanks.

We are having the same problem and the app is crashing. Had to flip the breaker. Just want to go to sleep. We’ve had our dimmers installed about a month.

@Kikikat What's the LED status of the Dimmer? Was it working fine before? Please try to reset the Dimmer manually and through the App then reconfigure it. Check out this article.

Also, make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version and if it will still crash, uninstall/re-install it.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Went on vacation and one of my dimmers is stuck on. App won’t turn it off and I had neighbor push switch and nothing. I have 9 other switches working fine. What the solution?

Hello edgoldin69,

May we know the LED status of the Dimmer? Do you mean that the dimmer is no longer responding to physical buttons? Also, you may try power cycling it by turning off the circuit breaker and turning it back on.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support