WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Electric Blanket

Hey guys - just wondering how I can get wemo to start my electric blanket automatically - the problem is I also have to hit a button on the controller to get the blanket to start ie put it on a heat setting

Re: Wemo Electric Blanket

[ Edited ]

powerpenguin,

I'm guessing you have already tried this, but, if you turn on the blanket and then unplug the power cord with the blanket turned on, will it come on by itself when you plug the cord back in? Some devices will come back on, others won't.

If not, then I guess you are out of luck.

It looks like the electric blanket has a digital switch. I've read Robert's statement on this link that the WEMO devices can only control devices with mechanical switches.

The electric blanked has a little button on it I guess like a timer where you have to set how long it will stay on for and the heat setting. Im guessing it itsn't wemo'able?

It is best if you'll contact the maker of the blanket and verify if it has a mechanical or digital switch.

Community Manager

powerpenguin wrote:

The electric blanked has a little button on it I guess like a timer where you have to set how long it will stay on for and the heat setting. Im guessing it itsn't wemo'able?

Can you post a picture of the control unit?  If you have a model number / brand as well that would help.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support