WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo - Google Home connection issue

Has anyone else run into issues with their Wemo Smartplug and Google Home not connecting? I've gone through all the steps I could find in online forums (resetting the plug, disconnecting wemo from the Google Home account, hard resetting everything) and still no luck. When I prompt the Google Assistant to turn on the light, the message is that Wemo can't be reached, even though everything says it's connected in both the Google Home and Wemo apps. Any help will be much appreciated!

Re: Wemo - Google Home connection issue

Have you tried to reboot the router and use another handheld device to isolate the issue? Also, make sure the firmware is updated.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same problem with the Echo Dot.  The WEMO is connect to my router. I have been having intermittent disconnect problems for a while. 

@StephenL 

Hi there! What's the model number of the Wemo device that you have? Does it shows a blinking amber LED when there's a disconnection issue? If you can still control your Wemo via Wemo App, you can try to unlink and re-link the unit to your Echo dot to further isolate the setback. Here's your guide: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=157351.

We also advise to secure a stable internet connection to avoid issues on integrating your Wemos via Alexa. Updating the firmware is also important for optimum performance and fix bugs.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have restarted the router and tried using my wife's phone to connect and I'm still having the same problem. Just to clarify, I'm able to control the outlet via the Wemo app, so it's connected to the internet, I'm just not able to control it using voice commands with my Google Home, even though both apps show they are connected to each other. How do I check the firmware to make sure it's up to date?

@dphall1 wrote:
I have restarted the router and tried using my wife's phone to connect and I'm still having the same problem. Just to clarify, I'm able to control the outlet via the Wemo app, so it's connected to the internet, I'm just not able to control it using voice commands with my Google Home, even though both apps show they are connected to each other. How do I check the firmware to make sure it's up to date?

That's a bit odd, dphall1. To check the firmware of your Wemo device, you have to click on the pen icon at the upper right corner, and check the status. With regard to Google home, is the app up-to-date? If not, please make sure that both apps (google and wemo) are running on they're updated version. For further isolation, you can try to check it with an android device as well if possible. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Having the same problem. Worked fine when I connected it yesterday, now it's not. Works fine through the app, and the Kasa plugs work just fine, but the Wemo suddenly refuses to work, even after firmware upgrade and disconnect/reconnect.

[ Edited ]

@Nestor_C wrote:

@dphall1 wrote:

That's a bit odd, dphall1. To check the firmware of your Wemo device, you have to click on the pen icon at the upper right corner, and check the status. With regard to Google home, is the app up-to-date? If not, please make sure that both apps (google and wemo) are running on they're updated version. For further isolation, you can try to check it with an android device as well if possible. Hope this helps.

Nothing odd @ all.  the WeMo cloud is failing today on 12/01/18.

Amazon Echo Alexa is not able to actuate the WeMo's also.

Along with my Google Home.

See thread here:

http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Wemo-Switches-No-Longer-Working-With-Alexa/td-p/49539/jum...

It's on YOU WEMO!!  Fix it.

Same issue here, you are not alone. This started earlier this week. How do I know its a wemo problem?

1) Issue appears across two different locations with different routers.

2) On a tablet there seems to be no problem controlling the wemo switches via the wemo app

3) on two differnet phones using the wemo app I get not detected for all wemo switches. If it were a router problem then some of them would be OK but they are ALL not detected.

3) TP Link KASA, a competing device works fine, so again its not a router problem.

4) using Google Home, I get intermittend control at one location and at the other no control

Fix this BS.Wemo. Know you product and dont f tell people to reboot when you have no clue., You should be alerting us to the problem isntead of people wasting time on this posting with details.

I swear if you dont fix this wiithin 24 hours I am gonna put it on the news and hurt future sales. 

Highlighted

Hi Everyone.

We're currently aware of the cloud-related issue with Wemo's remote access and its partner integration. Don't worry our Engineering Team are currently working on a fix as soon as possible. We ask for a little more patience on this matter.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support