WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo - Google Home connection issue

Same problem - when I verify WEMO through Google Home I get error 401. Lights connected to WEMO smart plugs work fine through the WEMO app but can’t connect WEMO to Google Home. Worked fine 2 days ago.

Considering I have found at least half a dozen threads like this with little to none response from wemo, I returned the plug and bought a different brand. I'm sure That I would not be allowed to Post a LINK to another product, suffice it to say that the other I got works perfect and set up was so much easier as the Home app just finds it on the wifi, no need to trigger the switch.

Same issue hear. I have tried all troubleshooting methods referenced and the issue still persists. I have been a loyal Wemo customer for years, I'd really like to see an answer on this from Wemo soon.

Good luck anyone getting help from Wemo. I’ve had connection issues since December 4.  Wemo claims to have escalated my case but nothing as of today. I’ve tried to bypass some issues by using IFTTT but that is not ideal and lately that has not been working correctly with Wemo. Wemo has a major problem that either they don’t care to fix and have no idea how to fix. As I’ve said in other Wemo community forums, I tell friends to purchase anything other than Wemo as they can not be trusted to fix and follow up on their known connection issues.  It’s clear their engineers do not have an understanding of the problems and do not have the skill to fix.

Highlighted

Mine worked great until my Wi-Fi went out yesterday. Had a new router installed today and now cannot get voice commands to work. The WeMo app works the switches, the Google assistant app works the switches, but I cannot talk to google and tell it to turn off the lights anymore